Thursday 12 November 2020

Bunch of Lemons

 Hi and welcome to my blog!  It's my turn to host over at Freshly Made Sketches and as is my way, I came up with a very simple sketch.  Here's the card I made using it:



I didn't actually intend for the bunch of fruit and flowers to be quite so big but I like how it looked so left it as it was.  The black & white washi tape was added to a small white panel and I then added a thin sliver of gold foil cardstock.  I popped the whole panel up on a white card base using foam tape and went to work on my arrangement.


All these elements are from various sets from The Greetery and are multi-step sets, so they were easy to stamp and arrange.  I finished the card with a gold-embossed sentiment.  This card went to my older sister for her birthday a few weeks ago.
Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the rest of the DT cards and have a go yourself.



Products used:

Stamps:  Autumn Sketches, Simple Things, Signed & Sealed With a Kiss, Lemon Blossom (The Greetery), Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:  Spring Bouquet 1, Grass Fields, Pocketful of Sunshine, Four Scoops, Tranquility (Altenew), Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Gold Foil
Dies:  Autumn Sketches, Simple Things, Signed & Sealed With a Kiss (The Greetery)
Accessories:  Antique Gold EP, Gradient Lines Washi Tape (Altenew)

Cheers
Karren


9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

A gorgeous arrangement of beautiful elements, Karren - I'd have left them, too!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

I wouldn't change a thing! Beautiful group of fruit and flowers with fabulous pops of color! Fun sketch this week!

Cindy Beach said...

Such a great sketch, Karren. Your card is so fresh and lovely!

Ida said...

First off I love the sketch - Easy to work with and so many possibilities to add to it. - Your card is so cheery with the bright colors. Very nice.

Jacquie Southas said...

It is details like the simple strip of gold foil edging the classic black & white striped panel that really elevate this design and I love the generous layers of greenery and fruit. Terrific sketch, Karren!

Barb Ghig said...

It looks like you're investing quite a bit in the Greetery, and I love it! Your bold lemons and limes look good enough to eat and I love how you added all of those beautiful blooms behind them! As always, you've done an amazing job on the sketch, Karren! xx

Jen Brum said...

This card is fantastic Karren! I would never have thought to pair fruit and flowers like that but they look so amazing together! That striped washi tape is gorgeous! Oh my Christmas wish list is getting longer and longer! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is a go-to sketch for me Karren so had to play along this week! I love your unusual fruity/foliage combo - oddly it really works! The best part about a sketch like this is you can make it whatever you want.

Kim S said...

I love the bold black and white that you used behind that fruit "bouquet"!