Friday 3 September 2021

Blue Bear

 
Hi and welcome to a new challenge at Fusion!  I played with both the sketch and the photo for my card this week.



I've had this bear coloured up for a couple of years, so I can't tell you what colours I used but I decided it was time he was featured on a card.  I used a stencil to mask my background and ink-blended blue inks in an ombre fashion to mimic the cake.  Before I removed the stencil, I flicked on Chipped Sapphire, white gouache and shimmer spray.  I had to colour up the balloons and die-cut them before adhering them to the bear's hand.


The sentiment was die-cut from white and navy blue cardstock and adhered to the card front.  The bear and balloons are popped up on foam tape.
Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the design team.


Products used:

Stamps:  Birthday Bears, Beary Special Birthday (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K. Designs), Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, Prize Ribbon, Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Dark Indigo (PTI), Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Beary Special Birthday, Simply Celebrate (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Shimmer Spray, White Gouache, Watercolor Wash Rectangle Stencil (MFT)

Cheers
Karren



6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Wait - where's the blue bear?? You and Linda both just keep me delighted and surprised with your post titles, Karren! But I am never disappointed by the actual cards you make! This is darling! You could teach both me, and my husband, a few tricks on the Copic coloring subject!
=]

Cindy H. said...

This card is absolutely adorable and your coloring is AMAZING!!

Judy Rozema said...

He is SO cute!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Amazing! Your bear looks straight out of a book - so beautifully coloured!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a fun and happy card. This blue bear is super sweet and it pops so well against the ombre background.

Barb Ghig said...

Such a cute bear...so glad you pulled him out for this card :) Beautiful Copic coloring on the bear and balloons, and I love your splattering on the stencil, Karren! Fun card!!!