Thursday 23 September 2021

Monochromatic Tulips

Hi all and thanks for dropping by!  I am the sketch hostess this week over at Freshly Made Sketches


 I've gone with a slimline/mini slimline design and here is what I made:
 

I wanted to play along with the Turquoise theme at The Flower Challenge, so stamped four tulips and coloured them all slightly differently to give what is as close to a monochromatic look as I could get.  I coloured the leaves gray to add to the whimsical and modern look.

Before adhering the tulips to the card base, I sponged on some distress ink in an ombre fashion before splattering some of the same ink.  I adhered the fussy-cut tulips to the card base then splattered on some gold ink.  I then added a thin strip of cardstock and the black strip with a gold-embossed sentiment.



Finally, I finished with some gold confetti.


Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the DT and I hope you'll play along this week.




Products used:

Stamps:  Whimsical Tulip (Altenew), Mon Ami (CASual Fridays)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K Designs) Peacock Feathers, Broken China Distress Ink, Enchanted Gold (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black, Adriatic (Hero Arts), X-Press It
Accessories:  Copics, Antique Gold EP, gold confetti

Cheers
Karren




12 comments:

Amy O said...

I love all of these gorgeous shades of turquoise! And I love your fabulous background. Thanks for the fun sketch this week, Karren!

I Card Everyone said...

I'll be checking my list of BGs Karren - these are such wonderful shades of turquoise! LOve your mod tulips!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge, my friend!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Your tulips are fabulous in all those shades of turquoise! Just beautiful coloring with those copics! Fabulous card! And I loved your wide open slim line sketch!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love these modern tulips and their turquoise colors. Great card!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Karren. Love those tulips.

Judy Rozema said...

All of those blue and aquas are gorgeous!! Love your card so much. Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Aileen said...

So wonderful to see you joining us at The Flower Challenge Karren and your card certainly brings you to us with a bang. Love the different shades and the design. Just beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Jen Brum said...

Oh Karren! This card is so awesome! I love those tulips! They're so beautifully coloured and I love that sentiment! Thanks for a fantastic sketch this week!

Jen Timko said...

So in love with these tulips. What beautiful colors. Thank you so much for a great sketch!

Viv said...

So happy to see you in our gallery again Karren! what a gorgeous card you made too, thankyou for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow - what a stunning card - this is amazing, the colours you have used in the tulips are fabulous!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Cécile RIBON said...

Those modern tulips look absolutely fabulous. Gorgeous coloring job, too! I just love the whimsical look of this card.