Thursday 14 October 2021

Embossed Foliage

Welcome to the latest Freshly Made Sketch challenge, where our hostess this week is Judy Rozema

I happened to catch the tail-end of a live by Dawn Woleslagle from WPlus9 in their Facebook group a few weeks ago and was blown away by the card she was putting together using the Rose Builder and Hellebore stamp sets and some silver-embossed foliage.  Unfortunately I can't link to it as you need to be a member of the FB group to be able to view it.  I was so impressed I immediately wanted to create something similar and this is the result:




It's hard to see in the photo, but all the foliage is silver-embossed.  I used various sets to get the leaves I wanted.  The hellebore were already stamped and in my stash so I can't remember which inks I used but they would have been Altenew grays.  
The patterned paper is from Whimsy Stamps Blurry Flurries pack and I just love all the patterns in this pack - so much so that I bought two packs last year.


The sentiment is from MFT stamps and is white-embossed onto black.  Finally I finished with some sparkling clear confetti.

Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Rose Builder, Hellebore Builder (WPlus9), Peaceful Pinecones (PTI), Christmas Essentials (SSS), Snow Globe Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:  Pink Pearl, Rouge, Coral Bliss, Crimson (Alt), Versamark, Various Grays (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black, Blurry Flurries (Whimsy Stamps)
Dies:  Rose Builder, Hellebore Builder (WPlus9), Peaceful Pinecones (PTI), Christmas Essentials (SSS), Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP, Sparkling Sand EP (Wow), Sparkling Clear Confetti (PPP)

Cheers
Karren



9 comments:

Kathy said...

Such a beautiful and soft looking card...Lots of textures!

Cindy Beach said...

Karren, I love Dawn's lives and her products. Your card is fabulous! Your layering of inks is beautifully done.

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous card! Love the pop of coral with the grays! I will have to find Dawn!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Karren. Love the silver embossed foliage.

Judy Rozema said...

This is one gorgeous card! Perfect sketch flowers!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty Christmas card! Those flowers are so beautiful! I love the colours! You're already so prepared for Christmas!

Jen Timko said...

So elegant, so beautiful! I love when inspiration strikes like that. The silver is such a nice touch.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Truly gorgeous and a card after my own heart - it's a stunning creation!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This bouquet is stunning, Karren, those flowers are gorgeous and I love that elegant color scheme.