Thursday 9 December 2021

Rich Poinsettia

 Hi and welcome!  It's my turn to hostess over at Freshly Made Sketches and here's the card I made:


To be honest, I made this card weeks ago and then decided to base my sketch around it.  One day I just felt like Copic-colouring so I coloured up this poinsettia border and then just kept on going with gold hot foil and some fussy-cutting until this was the finished product.

The hot-foiling was used for the stripes on the red panel as well as the over-sized sentiment.  I think the sentiment looks quite cool how it merges with the focal point.



So, that's my card and my sketch.  I hope you head over to check out how the rest of the DT have interpreted my sketch.  Thanks so much for visiting!




I'm also going to enter this in the current Flower Challenge, where the theme is Christmas.  I was inspired by the Christmas theme and the colours at The Card Concept for my Clean and Layered card and by the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge where I went with Glitz/Free/Christmas.








Products used:

Stamps:  Poinsettia Border (SSS/Paper Rose)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K)
Cardstock:  Fog (SSS), Amarena Cherry (MFT), X-Press It, Gold Hot Foil
Dies:  Skinny Stripe Background, Stylish Script Merry Christmas (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Card ConceptTic Tac Toe and The Flower Challenge.







18 comments:

blaze said...

SOOOO, so beautiful, Karren! Fabulous coloring, and yes! that sentiment! Glorious!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, this is really exquisite - gorgeous coloring, as always! So, which came first: the foiling, or the stamping/coloring? However, they merged together just beautifully!
=]

Lynn Hoyt said...

Wow! Such an elegant card!

Jeanne H said...

WOW, your card is gorgeous!

Ali P said...

Whoa this card is super stunning, the colouring and the foil emerging the
way you have is so gorguss

Judys said...

Hands down the most beautiful traditional Christmas Card ever! It exudes PEACE!!!

Dawn T said...

So rich and elegant Karren. It's a beautiful card and worth basing your design on.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is just beautiful Karren - the colouring on those poinsettias is amazing! Love the bold gold sentiment too. Fabulous sketch - I will definitely try and find time to play along this week! Thanks for sharing with us over at TicTacToe too!

JoAnn said...

So gorgeous and elegant. Love your coloring and design. TFS

Betty said...

such a stunning card, Karren - love the foiled sentiment with your wonderful coloring - so pleased you joined our TicTacToe Challenge this week - Betty

Vicky Hayes said...

A really rich festive image Karren, beautifully coloured and foiled. Thank you for sharing at the Tic Tac Toe challenge! Vicky x

Cindy H. said...

Wow, what a fabulous Christmas card! Amazing coloring skills, too!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow that gold foiling is fabulous - I may have to look into that! Gorgeous card ad wonderful sketch!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Karren! Your foiling is so pretty and I love how you colored the Poinsettas...WOW!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a gorgeous card Karren! I just love those rich, red poinsettias! That gold foil sentiment is just gorgeous! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Nancy Penir said...

So very beautiful, Karren! Love your coloring, and of course the hot foiling. Thank you for playing along at the Card Concept!

Maria said...

What a gorgeous card with lovely coloring on the flowers!! Beautiful foiling, too!!

Viv said...

Wow this is sooo gorgeous Karren! thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' too ;) Viv DT xx