Thursday 2 December 2021

Shaker Joy

Hi!  Today's card uses Cecile's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches newest challenge and I decided to make a shaker card.  


My original intention was to use the circle in the centre for the shaker element, but then I decided to make my first edge-to-edge shaker card.  

I started by adhering some patterned paper to a square panel and then added some stamp packaging over the top, chucking in some sequins before sealing the fourth edge.  I then adhered that to a white card base.

For the circle element on the sketch, I deviated somewhat and added the word "Joy" in gold foil cardstock.  The "to the world" is hot foiled.  


For the snowflakes I die-cut three different ones from both white glitter cardstock and some deep pink and adhered them together, slightly offset for a shadow effect.

And that's my card.  Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the DT.





Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Gold Foil, White Glitter, Autumn Rose (PTI), Blurry Flurries (Whimsy Stamps)
Dies:  Let It Snowflake Too, Filled With Joy (MFT), Holiday Sentiment Series 2 (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Gold Hot Foil, Sequin Mix (Hero Arts)

Cheers
Karren

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I am loving the purple and gold and sparkle~such a fun card!

Dawn T said...

what a gorgeous shaker card. I haven't made one of these edge to edge shakers but it's looks like fun. Love the background paper you used and all the gorgeous shaker elements.

Jen Mitchell said...

I have never heard of an edge-to-edge shaker card! I love to learn new things. :) I love how this looks with the snowflakes and the big, gold sentiment. What a beauty!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fabulous card Karren! I absolutely love that you turned it into a shaker card! Love the gold joy as well! Just beautiful!

Kim S said...

I LOVE the full shaker card!! It's so perfect for "joy to the world"!