Friday 24 June 2022

Masked Flowers

 Hi all!  It's a Public Holiday here in New Zealand today so I took the opportunity to make a card for a few challenges.  The Paper Players have a one layer card challenge, Krafty Chicks is All Occasions.  I'm playing along with the Anything Goes challenge at Seize the Birthday and I chose Colouring/Flowers/Metallic for Tic Tac Toe.

It's been a while since I made a one layer card and I wanted to give the impression of layers, so I used gold foiling and a masking stencil to achieve that look.  





The card looks a bit meh from this angle so I took lots of photos trying to capture that shine from the gold foil.  To make the card, I firstly stamped the floral image in black ink onto a white card base.  I then used a rectangle mask to make off the outside edges before stenciling through the centre with the co-ordinating layering stencils.  I am hoping layering stencils counts as colouring for the Tic Tac Toe challenge.   I have just succumbed and bought a few Catherine Pooler inks so I tried to find some matching colours for this card.  Now to collect the rest...


Once I was finished with the colouring, I removed the masking stencil and then went looking for something to frame the image.  I found a hot foil frame that fit perfectly so with crossed fingers for no over-foiling, I foiled it onto the image.  I then added the sentiment using the same gold foil.


Thanks so much for visiting!










Products used:

Stamps:  In the Woodland (Altenew)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Wintergreen, Sage, Coral Cabana, Tutti Frutti (Catherine Pooler)
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Essebtial Duo Lines Rectangles, Essential Glimmer Sentiments (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Gold Foil, Masking Rectangles Stencil (Taylored Expressions), In the Woodland stencils (Altenew)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout-out at The Paper Players and Tic Tac Toe

10 comments:

Dawn T said...

this is just beautiful Karren. It's an awesome one layer card.

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is gorgeous!!!!! I love the beautiful gold foil and those stenciled blooms are amazing!!!!!!! JUST GORGEOUS! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

I Card Everyone said...

A gorgeous image, and extraordinary use of it, Karren! LOve the gold foiled frame, and the coloring kept to the inside of that frame? Genius!
I'm calling it a quadruple WWCD!!
=]

Stef Perry said...

A one layer card with foiling and "spotlight" stenciling? Yes, please! Such a beautiful and clever design, Karren, and I'm so pleased you to see you in the Tic Tac Toe gallery this week, thanks for joining us!

Jaydee said...

Gorgeous, Karren. The spotlight technique is perfect and those gold embossed frames take it to a whole different level. So glad you shared it with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Absolutely stunning!! I didn’t realize it was one layer till you mentioned it, then I had to take a closer look. Delighted to have you join us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
Diane - DT

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love how yo masked the flowers and then framed the colored section. Beautifully done. tFS

Nancy said...

Karren, What an incredible one-layer card! I find myself just sitting here staring at it. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

Karen said...

A gorgeous card, and a well-deserved win at Tic Tac Toe! I've never tried to foil over a stamped image so was happy to discover that you didn't have any difficulty with it,

Judy Rozema said...

Hpw gorgeous this is! I love your coloring too~!