Thursday 28 July 2022

Purple Christmas

It's time for another sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is Amy O'Neill.  I made another Christmas card for my meagre stash.


I went with a slightly non-traditional colour combo of purple, red and green.  I ink-blended Shaded Lilac onto a white card base and then added a panel with two circle die-cuts, popping it up with foam tape.  The images were coloured with Copics and cut with my Scan n Cut.  I added the tree to the centre and the two penguins in the openings, popping them up on foam tape.


I finished by colouring the baubles with clear sparkle pen and added a simple sentiment.



Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the cards made by the rest of the design team.

 



Products used:

Stamps:  Holiday Penguins, Present Time (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Versafine Onyx Black, Shaded Lilac Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Dies:  Infinity Circle Dies (Hero Arts)
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Now how in the world did I ever miss adding Shaded Lilac to my ink stash?? You have proven that was a very silly mistake to make, Karren!
LOve your darling decorated, and gift-bearing penguins!
=]

Jen Brum said...

I just love this card! I love those cute little penguins! Your colouring is amazing - as always! I love that sentiment too! So cute for Christmas!

Dawn T said...

Just so cute Karren. It's gorgeous.

Amy O said...

These little penguins are adorable! Great use of the sketch on this cute Christmas card!

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous Christmas card, Karren! As always, your Copic coloring is flawless and I love your non-traditional color palette! Super cute sentiment, too!

Linda Callahan said...

Cute as can be and colored perfectly!

Carol L said...

I love the way you layered these cute images with the Christmas tree! I love the colors or purple too! A wonderful take on the sketch with a perfect little sentiment!