Friday 5 August 2022

Sympathy Lilies

It's time for another challenge from the team at Fusion and this time I went with the sketch and took in a few elements from the photo - the burgundy colour of the wine and the calla lilies.

I've had these flowers coloured up for quite a few years - they are part of a colouring class over at Kit and Clowder.  I used my Scan n Cut to cut them out and then went to work on the background.  After embossing a panel of Paver Red cardstock with a brickwork embossing folder, I then used my finger to add some foundry wax to the panel, focusing on the top left and bottom right corners.  I also used a paintbrush to splatter some over the whole panel (not to mention my deskop and my glasses too!) I adhered that to a white card base and finished with a simple sentiment.


Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the DT.



Products used:

Stamps:  Assorted Greetings (Gina K)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Paver Red (MFT), X-Press It
Accessories:  Copics, Brickwork Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), Statue Foundry Wax (Tim Holtz)

Cheers
Karren

2 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

It's no wonder you rule the Copics! Those classses must be wonderful - so is your card!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

I love this! My mother carried a HUGE bouquet of lilies at her wedding....way back in 1945!