Thursday 22 September 2022

The Window

Hi!  It's my turn to create the sketch this week over at Freshly Made Sketches and I made it easy on myself because I already had this card made but unposted, so that was my starting point for the sketch! 


I actually made this card for a few challenges about a month ago, but I was too late and the challenges had closed, so rather than just post it anyway, I thought I'd be smart and save it for when it was my turn to be sketch hostess 😄. Most of the elements in this card are from The Greetery.  I used the window to create a shaker element and kept to tones of gray and peach (which were the challenge colours for the challenge I missed!).  I stamped the window onto a white panel then die-cut the outside and inside with the co-ordinating dies before creating the shaker element.  Once that was done, I put the window back in and added some foliage and brickwork as well as a simple sentiment.



Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out what the design team has done with my sketch and also have a go yourself.

Products used: 

Stamps:  Fresh Air (The Greetery)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Gentleman's Gray, Rock Collection (Altenew) Bellini (Catherine Pooler)
Cardstock:  White, Acetate
Dies:  Fresh Air (The Greetery)
Accessories:  Sequins

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

There is so much to love about this card fro the billowing curtails to the sweet side flowers to the shaker element! Definitely worth saving for the challenge! Gorgeous!

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous card!

I Card Everyone said...

Wouldn't I love to live in a place where the curtains could billow out, but no bugs would come in?? Such a beautiful world lives right here in your fantabulous card!
=]

Jen Brum said...

This card is so beautiful Karren! I love that the window is also a shaker! So fun! Thanks for the perfect sketch this week!

Celeste Goff said...

Your card is a beautiful interpretation of your sketch! I had fun playing with this one!

Lisa Elton said...

What a brilliant idea to turn your lovely card into your sketch! Love this one, Karren!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Karren. Love the idea of the curtain flapping in the breeze

lostinpaper said...

Such a beautiful design Karren, love that flowing curtain, it's such a clever element to have on a card design!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great card Karen and sketch for this week's challenge. I love the concept of the curtain blowing in the breeze, and that you took advantage of the window opening to combine a shaker element. Awesome!

Helen Berry said...

Lovely card Karren, the colours are so fresh and perfect layout for a sketch challenge too. The added shaker element makes it so fun! I really enjoyed working with it.

Jen Timko said...

This is incredible! And aren't you smart saving it for a sketch day?!! Hmmm......ponders cards in piles..... I love all the details on this and clearly need to go back over for some shopping at The Greetery. Thanks for a great sketch!

Cécile RIBON said...

What an amazing shaker card, Karren. The texture and dimension look fabulous. I can almost feel the wind gently blowing on my face.