Wednesday 7 September 2022

Tool Time

 Hi!  Today's card uses Jen Brum's sketch from the latest Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  Last weekend was Father's Day here in New Zealand and a few days beforehand I realised I didn't have any cards made.  So I sat down on Saturday and made a card for my dad and one for my husband.  




Both cards are exactly the same apart from the tools.  My husband is a mechanic so I went with more car-related tools and my dad is more of a handyman, hence the saw and hammer.  I die-cut the pieces from various cardstock, adding a touch of Copic shading where I could and assembled each of the tools.  


The background is made using some really old cork paper I had here from the early 2000's.  I adhered the die-cut panel to a white card base and then added two tag dies and the tools.  I finished with a simple sentiment.





Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll head over and check out the fabulous cards made by the design team.

I am linking this up to the Masculine theme challenge at Just Add Ink.



Products used:

Stamps:  All About Dad (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Black, Amarena Cherry (MFT) Silver Matte Foil, Dove (C+9), Cork Paper, Wood & Notebook (Sn@p)
Dies:  Pegboard Cover Die, Stitched Traditional Tax Stax, Tool Time (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics

Cheers
Karren

Edited to add:  This card got a shout-out at Just Add Ink.

9 comments:

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards Karren.

KimB said...

Some many fabulous details here Karren - especially the cork pegboard and silver foil for the detail elements of the tools. Love your end results. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

I Card Everyone said...

Seems you had the perfect tools in your craft stash for your men, Karren! I just love the cork!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

I love the cork background! Great cards! I probably have some of that cork stashed somewhere...lol...

Lou said...

I love your fun Father's Day card Karren. The tools look so life like. Thanks for joining in this week with us at Just Add Ink.

Nikki Spencer said...

Fabulous guy card Karren, love the cork background! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.xx

Jen Brum said...

These cards are fantastic Karren! I just love those tools and the texture of the cork background! Love it! Definitely perfect for Father's Day!

Penny Hanuszak said...

The cork pegboard is genius and really tunes you into the masculine side of things. Love it!

Jen Timko said...

You make this look easy. Love the cork and the shading on your tools. Fantastic cards!