Thursday 2 March 2023

Newspaper Man

It's my turn to be sketch hostess this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  I actually made this card then created the sketch around it.  I was asked by my husband to make a card for one of his customers who was turning 80 and had been a newspaper man his whole adult life.  So this is the card I came up with:


I used this newsprint stamp from Tim Holtz and paired that with a strip of cardstock I'd made using the credit card technique and some distress paint.  I added a strip of black cardstock then went to work on the sentiment.  


I die-cut and stacked the 8 and 0 then rubbed some foundry wax along the bottom of the numbers.  The sentiment was silver-embossed and matted onto black.  As the finishing touch, I also added foundry wax along the edge of the blue panel.


Thanks for visiting!  Please check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Steampunk (Tim Holtz), Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, pre-prepared credit card technique panel
Dies:  By the Numbers (PTI)
Accessories:  Silver EP, Sterling Foundry Wax

Cheers
Karren

 

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

What a fun birthday card, and how sweet it was for your husband to ask for it! Love your Sketch, Karren!
=]

Bobby said...

It's always fun when you can personalize a card and you did a great job, Karren.

Linda Callahan said...

Great card! That number is a bit scary but it will be my next decade and I plan to hit it!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Karren - a bit skeery to realise that my next 'big 0' birthday is that one!!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Karren. Awesome card.

Kim S said...

What a perfect card for a newspaper man!! And I love the sketch that came out of it!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous personalized, masculine design, Karren! Love it and the sketch you have given us this week.

Tammy said...

Great Sketch! and lovely card--can always use Masculine ideas!! TFS!!