Thursday 11 April 2024

Embossed Day

Hi and welcome!  Today's Freshly Made Sketch challenge was designed by Jennifer Timko and I took a literal route to come up with this card.


Please excuse the watermark.  My daughter borrowed my laptop so I had to make do with a very basic text overlay!  I pulled out Beautiful Day for this card and stamped the layering images before die-cutting.  I arranged them onto a dark gray circle die-cut and then onto a dry-embossed lighter gray panel.  I finished with a die-cut sentiment, using direct-to-paper to get the same colour shadow panel as my leaves.



Thanks so much for visiting.  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the design team.




Products used:

Stamps:  Beautiful Day (Altenew)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.), Orange Sorbet, Pastel Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Misty Morning, Cloudy Sky (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Steel. Gray, Gravel Gray (MFT)
Dies:  Beautiful Day (Altenew), Just a Note Posh Script (Memory Box), Infinity Circles (Hero Arts)
Accessories:  Four Petal Flowers Embossing Folder (Spellbinders)

Cheers
Karren


 

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful! I love that richly embossed backdrop!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, you KNOW you had me at GREY! I just love this deep tone with your fabulous 3D embossing... you picked the prettiest of all blossoms as your focal point!
I can't wait to play! And I promise not to forget to post it!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is gorgeous, love the grey background, gorgeous embossing and stamping. x

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely, Karren! The embossed background adds so much interest!

marilyn said...

Nice change of pace using grey cs as a background...and embossed too!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a dramatic card with the light tones flowers against the gray, karren
Blessings
Maxine

Jen Timko said...

This flower is one of my forever faves and THIS is why. Gorgeous!! And yeah, that embossing in the background is totally next level.

Jen Brum said...

This is so pretty my friend! I just love those flowers and the embossed background! The colours are just fabulous! Love that sentiment too!

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a stunning floral card, Karren! I just love the colors and that embossed backdrop is absolutely amazing, so striking.