Thursday 23 May 2024

Got Thyme?

 Hi!  It's time for another Freshly Made Sketch Challenge and this week I am the sketch hostess.  I designed a simple sketch with a grouping of three elements.  For my own card, I flipped the sketch to come up with this:



This was not what I envisaged when I designed the sketch, but I had just received these new dies from Honey Bee Stamps and thought they would work well.  I used a combination of patterned paper, coloured cardstock, with added ink blending, and metallic cardstock with the dies.  The background was die-cut with an older The Greetery die and adhered to a white card base.  I then added some patterned paper for the "floor".  Before I added the pots, I heat embossed the sentiment with copper embossing powder to match the signs.



Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the design team.



Products used:

Stamps:  Sentiment Strips (Altenew)
Ink:  Versamark, Moss, Parrot, Olive, Grass Field (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Avocade, Artichoke (C+9), New Leaf (PTI), Steel Gray, Cement Gray (MFT), Copper Metallic, Grain & Grunge (Honey Bee)
Dies:  Lovely Layers: Herb Garden (Honey Bee Stamps), Herringbone Parquet (The Greetery)
Accessories:  Copper Embossing Powder (Altenew)

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Wonderful dies and take on the sketch, love the card. x

I Card Everyone said...

I only have one big pot of herbs on my deck this year, Karren... but basil and mint are in it along with parsley! All the ones I love to eat!
I love your Sketch and how you've used your darling new dies!
=]

Dawn T said...

An awesome card Karren. Great take on the sketch

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fantastic card! I love it! Those herbs look real enough to eat! I just love those buckets! So fun! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Linda Callahan said...

I am loving those buckets with the copper labels! Wonderful card - and sketch!

Cécile RIBON said...

These greenery buckets are absolutely fabulous, Karren! I would love to have some of them on my kitchen balcony.