Thursday 9 May 2024

Oval Flowers

 It's time for another challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is Jen Brum.  And here's my card:



Can I just say up-front that I am embarrased by this card.  It will probably never see the light of day again 😆  I decided to do some Copic-colouring for the first time time in almost two months and, boy, am I rusty!  I really, really don't like how this image came out but time was against me so it is what it is.  After colouring the image, I used my Scan n Cut to cut it out.  Onto a Peacock card base I added some woodgrain paper I cut with the Torn Edges die.  I then added the coloured image and finished with a pre-hot foiled sentiment.




Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the design team.  And please send good vibes to the universe that I get my missing mojo back soon - it's been months!


Products used:

Stamps:  Stylish Oval Birthday Wishes (Spellbinders)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.)
Cardstock:  X-Press It, Peacock (C&9), Grain & Grunge (Honey Bee Stamps), White
Dies:  Torn Edges (MFT), Hexi Gem Sentiments Hot Foil (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics, Black Hot Foil

Cheers
Karren


6 comments:

Angela said...

Don't be so negative - it's a lovely card.
Angela

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful card, love your take on the sketch. x

Judy Rozema said...

Well, I know what you mean about rusty - I haven't had a lot of time crafting the last two months. BUT I do love your coloring on this!!

Dawn T said...

I think you are too hard on yourself Karren. I like this card. Your colouring looks fine. I really like the torn bit on the front. It looks amazing

kiwimeskreations said...

I can't see why you are so critical of your colouring - I think this is beautiful Karren. If I could colour half as well I would be happy!
Blessings
Maxine

Ida said...

I think your card is lovely and see no problem with your Copic coloring. I'm trying to learn to use them and am a novice compared to your work.