Thursday 10 October 2024

Chalkboard Christmas

Hi and welcome.  I'm the sketch hostess over at Freshly Made Sketches and I decided to add to my meagre Christmas card stash with this card. 


Firstly, I inked up one side of an embossing folder with white pigment ink and ran it through with kraft cardstock.  I repeated this a few times to get a good layer of white ink then set it aside to dry.  Once dry, I lightly inked around the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink.  Then my plans came unstuck!  I had planned to use some patterned paper my mother gave me a piece of which had scripty Christmas words over a chalkboard-looking background, but I didn't have enough!  So I decided to make my own.  I used a chalk bg stamp first then stamped over that with a text Christmas stamp.  It's not the same but it's okay.


I added the two panels to my card base and included a thin strip of gold foil cardstock at the join.  The tag was hot-foiled and then die-cut and I also die-cut some holly leaves and berries which I added to the tag.  I finished with some twine tied in a bow onto the tag.

Thanks so much for visiting.  Please head over and check out what the rest of the DT have done with my sketch.


Products used:

Stamps:  Chalk Background (Hero Arts), Christmas Background (MFT)
Ink:  Cloud White (Altenew), Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White, Black, Kraft, Amarena Cherry (MFT), Pinefeather (PTI), matte gold foil
Dies:  Seasonal Sketch (Tim Holtz, Tag Sale #5 (PTI), Christmas Mailbox Greetings Hot Foil (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Gold hot foil, twine, Holly & Foliage EF (Spellbinders)

Cheers
Karren

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty card, Karren!