Thursday, 20 August 2026

Strawberry Thanks

Hi and welcome to another sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches where our hostess this week is  Cecile Ribon.

I was a bit rushed for time with this card so I went looking for some already prepared die-cut pieces and found a few leftover strawberries from this post.  I had to do some jiggery-poke with the diamond die because it was designed for an A2 card, not a square card, so I extended the sides a bit to make it fit.  Although looking at the sketch, it appears I have completely missed a layer - doh!


I wasn't thrilled with how bright the Teal Cave cardstock looked against the strawberries and as I wasn't going to finagle with the diamond die again, I went over both panels with some Uncharted Mariner distress ink to darken it up.  The Paper Bag card base was embossed with an embossing folder to add some interest to the diamond cut-out and I embossed the sentiment with Scorched Timber Embossing Glaze.

At this point in time, I decided the diamond panels were a bit splotchy so I covered that up by stamping over the top with a background text stamp and Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink - taking care to not give complete coverage.




Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the design team.






Products used:

Stamps: Good Reading BG (SSS), Written Words (C&9)
Ink:  Versamark, Uncharted Mariner Distress Ink and Distress Oxide Ink
Cardstock:  Paper Bag (Lawn Fawn), Teal Cave (Altenew)
Dies:  Halfsies Diamond (The Greetery), Written Words (C&9)
Accessories: Scorched Timber Embossing Glaze, Herringbone Decor EF (Spellbiders)

Cheers
Karren

If you enjoyed this post and would like an email when I post new content, please follow me


1 comment:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm always so happy to get up close and personal with your cards, Karren! I didn't realize your diamond was a window! Brilliant!
=]