Thursday 3 August 2017

Black Bouquet


Hi and welcome!  It's time for another wonderful sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is the fabulous Kim Singdahlsen.  Kim's sketch has a favorite feature of mine - color blocking.  Check it out:
I knew straight away I wanted to use patterned paper for the four vertical panels but didn't want the patterns to overtake the rest of the card, so I chose a more muted text pattern which I die-cut with a die from Blueprints 24.  For the shorter pieces I had to put the paper back in the die and cut them shorter, but that was easy and I could do both at once.




The rest of the card was really simple - some black die-cut foliage, painted with clear sparkle pen and an embossed sentiment.  I wanted the embossing to match the patterned paper so chose to use Brown Sugar EP, which wasn't too bad a match.

And that's it!  I arranged the foliage and adhered it to the card with liquid glue after I embossed my sentiment and called it done!



I hope you'll have time to check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the design team - they're amazing, as always!

Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Sending Happy Thoughts (SSS)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, Salvage District (Prima Marketing)
Dies:  Blueprints 24 (MFT), Chloe Stem (Memory Box), Layering Leaves (Concord & 9th)
Accessories:  Brown Sugar EP (American Crafts)

Cheers
Karren


12 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Love this combination of die cuts and the muted patterned paper!

I Card Everyone said...

That's really a gorgeously graphic paper, Karren - good idea to use a bit of it from your stash! LOve the black, very striking, blooms!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Love your take on the sketch, Karren! Your subtle patterned papers work so well with Brown Sugar EP on the sentiment and your foliage really pops on this card! You have certainly inspired me to play along..Thanks!

Linda Callahan said...

The black die cuts look fabulous and I love your die cut panels! Pretty card!

Samra said...

Stunning and so elegant make Karren!
Love it!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Cara said...

Beautiful card, love the black against those muted pattern papers x

Kim S said...

LOVE that neutral pattern behind the bold black flowers!! Wonderfully elegant!

Amy O said...

I love the black dies against this background. Dramatic and elegant!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow! Neutrals, clean and fabulous silhouette die - I'm in love!

Jen Brum said...

What an elegant card Karren! I love how those die cuts stand out so nicely. So clean and beautiful!

Jen Mitchell said...

The contrast of a neutral and black always looks stunning to me. And your choice of the subtle text patterned paper is spot on perfect for those stems!

Jen Timko said...

The neutrals on this work perfectly! Love that pretty paper and your die combination is fabulous!