Wednesday 5 December 2018

Holiday Owl

I'm back because it's time for another fun sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is the lovely Cecile Ribon.  When I saw the striped background on her sketch (see below), I immediately thought of this Reverse Confetti die, which I extended slightly to suit the image more.


This cute little owl was quickly colored and then cut with my Scan n Cut.  The card base was stenciled with a snowfall stencil and then I added the die-cut background with liquid glue.  The sentiment was white embossed onto black and finally I added the little owl with foam tape.


Thanks for popping by.  I hope you'll check out the cards made by the rest of the DT.




Products used:

Stamps:  Warm & Feathered Hugs, Sweet Holiday Penguins (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, black, Tropical Teal (MFT), X-Press It
Dies:  Straight Strips Pretty Panels (Reverse Confetti)
Accessories:  Copics, White EP, Embossing Paste, Falling Snow Stencil (SSS)

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I usually buy these cuties for a friend, Karren, but this set? MY Christmas gift!
You've given him the sweetest perch - and were spot on with your use of that darling stripe-y die!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Such a charming take on the sketch, Karren! Beautiful Copic coloring, as always, and I love that you chose the RC die and snowy background for this sweet little owl!

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect die for this sketch! Your little critter is adorable all bundled up!

Dawn T said...

what a very sweet little owl. It's a beautiful

Flair Girl said...

Ohhh, he’s so darn cute!

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card Karren! I just love that sweet little owl! He's so cute! Amazing colouring as always!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is absolutely adorable, Karren! Perfection!

Amy O said...

What a cute little owl, and that striped die is perfect for the sketch. Fabulous card, Karren!

Nora Noll said...

This is so sweet!! I LOVE that owl and your use of that die in the back is perfection!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Ha! This lil fella just made me laugh with the total cuteness of it!

Jen Mitchell said...

The die cut background for your little critter looks fantastic against the falling snow. Sweet card!