Thursday 27 August 2020

Poppies

 Hi and welcome!  It's my turn to host over at Freshly Made Sketches and as I like to do, I came up with a simple yet versatile sketch.  Here's the card I made with it:


Gotta say up front, this is not a favourite card.  I now regret adding the black ring frames behind the poppy images, but it was too late to remove them after I decided I didn't like them.  They were stuck down good!

The rectangular panel was created with a stencil and Versamark ink.  Once I had the rectangle inked up I added some embossing powder mixed with texture powder to create a dimensional rough surface.

The flowers were stamped using a new-to-me stamp set from The Ton.  As I said I wish I hadn't used the black frames, but it is what it is.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the blog to see what the rest of the DT have done with my sketch.

Products used:

Stamps:  Poppy Wishes (The Ton)
Ink:  Red Sunset set, Green Fields set (Altenew), Versamark, Black
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  Poppy Wishes (The Ton), Pierced Circle Frames, Blueprints 21 (MFT)
Accessories:  Rectangle Mask Stencil (Taylored Expressions), Oiled Slate EP (Wow), Changers - Texture (Wow), Black Enamel Dots

Cheers
Karren


7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love the bright bold flowers! Fun sketch!

JoAnn said...

Great sketch and beautiful card. Love the pretty flowers. TFS

Jen Brum said...

This might not be your favourite card but it sure is one of mine! Those poppies! They stand out so nicely against the black! It's so striking! Your sketch was a fun one!

Dawn T said...

Very pretty Karren. Beautifully done

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous trio of poppies, Karren! I also love how you added texture to your design with the rectangle panel...as always, you've done an amazing job with your sketch!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great sketch this week, Karren! I love the texture on your heat embossed panel and the classic pairing of red and black.

Narelle Farrugia said...

That is just stunning! I always love that colour combo as it's a real standout and so very striking.