Friday 18 September 2020

Cactus Birthday

 Hi!  It's time for a new challenge from the Fusion team and this week I chose to play with the photo to come up with this card.



I used a stencil and some pink inks to create the background - trying to achieve the ombre look in the photo.  The cacti were stamped and colored with Copics and die-cut.  I wanted to ground them with gray and found this already die-cut frame which worked well.  A simple Happy Birthday sentiment and my card was done.






Thanks for visiting!  The DT have some gorgeous cards, so I hope you'll check them out.


Products used:

Stamps:  Sweet Succulents (MFT)
Ink:  Extreme Black (MFT), Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide
Cardstock:  Whgite, Cement Gray, X-Press It
Dies:  Pierced Rectangle Frames, Sweet Succulents (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Ombre Stripes Stencil (Altenew), White Gel Pen

Cheers
Karren



6 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous ombre background and I love the trio of succulents! I have that set and totally forgot about it for this challenge!

Barb Ghig said...

As always, your Copic coloring is flawless, Karren! I love how you used pink and gray for this card, too..it's my favorite color combo and it works really well with the cacti :)

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful coloring on the cactus. I really like your ombre background too!

Tristan said...

Lovely card Karren, great colouring on those cactii.

Linda Callahan said...

Oh your coloring is so spot on! This is lovely!

Marlena M. said...

Oh what a lovely card! Beautiful use of colors~