Thursday 24 September 2020

Classic Truck

 It's time for another challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches where our sketch hostess this week is Jacquie Southas.  She has given us a classic sketch that is so versatile.  I used it to make a Father's Day card for DH.



Onto a white card base I added a panel onto which I'd applied embossing paste over a stencil.  While that was drying, I stamped the truck from Kitchen Sink Stamps.  I cut it out with my Scan n Cut and added it with foam tape to the card front.  


The sentiment strip was white-embossed and die-cut with a stitched border die.  I layered that onto black then onto some silver foil cardstock to mimic the chrome on a vintage truck.  I finished with some black Nuvo drops.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the DT.


Products Used:

Stamps:  Classic Old Truck (Kitchen Sink Stamps)
Ink:  Versamark, Sweet Dreams, Rock Collection sets (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black, Silver Foil, Adriatic (Hero Arts)
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax, Basic Stitched Edges (MFT)
Accessories:  Trame Tissus et Chiffres Stencil (Carabelle Studio), White Embossing Paste, White Embossing Powder, Ebony Nuvo Drops

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

So retro cool! Love t he truck....and the font is fabulous on your sentiment!

I Card Everyone said...

Such a fabulous old pick em up truck!! and I love the embossing paste bumpy road for it to travel!
=]

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous masculine design, Karren!

Barb Ghig said...

Your masculine cards are always amazing and this is no exception, Karren! I love all the texture you created with embossing paste and the font on your sentiment is perfect! Really cool truck, too :)

Dawn T said...

Great card Karren. Love the soft colours.

Kim S said...

This is fabulous! I love the simple and fun color scheme and the bit of texture behind it all.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card Karren! I love that truck. My husband has always wanted a truck like this - in red though. That sentiment is the perfect font! Totally vintage and fabulous! I'm sure your hubby will love it! (Is Father's Day in NZ at a different time than Father's Day in Canada?)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is awesome! I'm sure he will cherish this card!