Thursday 6 May 2021

Mission Control

Hi and welcome!  Our sketch hostess this week over at Freshly Made Sketches is Amy O'Neill and her sketch is fabulous! 


I used the new Watercolor Wash stencils to create my ink-blended "galaxy".  I bought two of the stencils so I could work on two sides at once and then moved the stencils to get the other two sides.  Once I was finished I splattered on some white gouache and Black Soot distress ink and set the panel aside to dry.



The boy was stamped and coloured with Copics and cut out.  The sentiment was embossed onto Dark Indigo cardstock with Liquid Platinum EP.

I die-cut the ink-blended panel with a stitched rectangle die and added it to a Dark Indigo card base.  The sentiment was added with liquid glue and the boy with foam tape.




Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.




Products used:

Stamps:  Space Explorer (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Chipped Sapphire, Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord, Wilted Violet, Faded Jeans, Black Soot Distress Inks, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Dark Indigo (PTI), X-Press It
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, White Gouache, Liquid Platinum EP (Ranger)

Cheers
Karren


9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Well Mission Control we also have a really cute card here! Adorable!

I Card Everyone said...

Absolutely adorable!
=]

Dawn said...

Such a cute card

Dawn T said...

What a great card Karren. Love the little boy.

Cindy H. said...

This is just so adorable! I love how you did the indication of space along side of your beautifully colored image!

Amy O said...

Adorable! Your ink-blended galaxy is awesome and is perfect with the sketch. And that little astronaut makes me smile!

Barb Ghig said...

Super cute card, Karren! I love how you created the galaxy with your stencils...clever idea to have 2 on hand :) Beautiful Copic coloring, too as always, my friend!

Jen Brum said...

This card is just fabulous Karren! I just love that sweet little astronaut and that galaxy is just fabulous! Someone is going to love this!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a sweet little scene that makes a so clever take on the sketch. The ink-blended galaxy looks fabulous!