Friday 14 May 2021

Thanks Blooms

 Hi all, today's card for the new Fusion challenge was nothing like I imagined when I sat down to create.  I had great intentions of using a critter on my card but instead coloured up a NBUS stamp and made that into a card.  I took my inspiration from the bunch of flowers, the flower colours and the thanks theme.


I don't tend to Copic-colour very much now, so I decided to just colour with no expectation of a card-worthy project at the end.  But once done, I decided to cut this image with my Scan n Cut and use it for my Fusion card.


The Fog card base was foiled with a hot foil frame and the floral image added with foam tape.  The Thanks die was stacked 3 high with Cement cardstock and finished with gold foil cardstock and backed with black.




Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll play along with us.

Products used:

Stamps:  Bonny Blooms (The Ton)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K)
Cardstock:  Fog (SSS), Black Licorice, Cement (MFT) Gold Foil, X-Press It
Dies:  Thanks (SSS), Essential Duo Lines Rectangles (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics, Prismacolor

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I see it clearly, Karren! Even the color of that pup's fur!
Please bring those Copics out to play again, soon!
=]

Carol Cel said...

This is STUNNING! Gives me inspiration to try something like this.
Absolutely gorgeous!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Karren! Your Copic coloring is amazing, as always, and I love your gold and black sentiment...Love your gold frame, too! I think your card is an elegant twist on the inspiration photo :)

Linda Callahan said...

There are no words to describe these fabulous blooms! So elegant with the gold! And we need to zoom just so I can watch you color!

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous card! Your Copic coloring is fabulous!!

Laurie Unger said...

This is gorgeous! Outstanding coloring!

Dawn T said...

Stunning Karren. A really elegant card.

Nancy said...

This is such an amazing card! I had to come by and let you know! So in love!!

Kim S said...

These are gorgeous!! Beautifully colored! And so lovely on the neutral and gold background.

Jeanne J. said...

Oh wow Karren! Those blooms just took my breath away! SO elegant with the gold foil and stacked sentiment! GORGEOUS!

Ida said...

Beautiful card. The flowers are just stunning.