Thursday 25 November 2021

Poinsettia Bouquet

Welcome to my blog!  Today's card is for the latest Freshly Made Sketch challenge, where our hostess this week is Jen Brum.  I made another Christmas card, purely because I just received some washi tape that I wanted to try out!


I had previously purchased the stamp set, stencils and die that match this washi and didn't buy the washi, but decided it makes for quick and easy cards, so added it to my next order.  Of course, I had to test it out when I received it and this card uses one of the die-cut elements from that test session.  I added a matte gold strip of cardstock under the bouquet, a small and simple sentiment and some subtle dry embossing using the Subtle EF and finished with some Copic-coloured pearls.  All done!





Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Poinsettia Border (SSS/Paper Rose)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Gold Matte
Dies:  Poinsettia (PinkFresh Studio), Slanted Sentiment Strips (MFT)
Accessories:  Poinsettie Washi (PinkFresh Studio), Pearls, Subtle EF

Cheers
Karren



 





6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Quick, and very lovely, Karren! That's my kind of Christmas card!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Such a pretty bouquet of poinsettias and I love all the gold, Karren! Your gold sentiment strip adds just the right touch of elegance to your design, too...Beautiful Christmas card!

Jen Brum said...

Oh Karren! This card is just gorgeous! I love how beautiful this washi tape is! The hints of gold are so pretty! Just perfect for Christmas!

Dawn T said...

So beautiful and elegant with the gold behind the floral bouquet Karren.

Linda Callahan said...

Wait...that bouquet is washi tape?!?!? beautiful!

Jen Mitchell said...

The bouquet is beautiful. I love that it's washi. These wide washi tapes that can function as their own focal point are a fave of mine!