Thursday 13 April 2023

90 Years Young

 Hi and welcome!  Cecile Ribon is our sketch hostess this week over at Freshly Made Sketches and she has a fabulous sketch for us to play with.  I needed a 90th birthday card for my father and the sketch was perfect.  As you can see, I took a literal interpretation to come up with my card.


I die-cut the leaves and the 90 from white card stock and ink-blended various green inks onto the die-cuts.  I also die-cut a pierced heart from both white and vellum.  I arranged the leaves both behind and in front of the white heart and adhered everything to the card base.  I then adhered the 90 to the vellum heart and added that to the card front as well.



To finish the front, I white-embossed a sentiment onto black.  I didn't add any embellishments.  For the inside, I added a couple of stamped sentiments, then die-cut another heart from vellum and added a leftover leaf sprig to it.


Thanks so much for visiting.  The DT have some gorgeous cards, so I hope you'll check them out.

I am linking this up to the CAS challenge at Inkspirational, the Stencil and/or Dies challenge at The Male Room and the Garden theme at Addicted to CAS.






Products Used:

Stamps:  More Essential Sentiments (MFT), Lots to Say (Reverese Confetti)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Wintergreen, Sage, Seafoam, Spruce (Catherine Pooler)
Cardstock:  White, Black, Vellum
Dies:  Pierced Heart Stax (MFT), Curvy Leaves (Elizabeth Craft Designs), By The Numbers (PTI)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout-out at The Male Room

13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

A beautiful card for your Dad, Karren! You're so lucky to have him - and he's pretty lucky to have you, too! x
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with, Michele!! Happy Birthday to your dad!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fabulous card Karren! Your dad is going to love it! I love all of the green! A very happy 90th birthday to your dad!

Dawn T said...

stunning Karren. I'm sure you Dad will love it.

Julia Aston said...

Wow - this is SO pretty Karren! Love the shades of green and the wonderful vellum heart! a beautiful 90th card - thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational! Julia xx

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous! The colors really give it a nice, masculine feel.

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!!! I LOVE the personalization of the card. I also love your coloring of those leaves. I thought you had stamped and colored them in!! Beautiful design!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is beautiful Karren! The ink detailing on your leaves really adds to the depth and I love the number against the vellum heart. I have a few number cards to make this year so I may well case your card for some!

Cécile RIBON said...

I'm totally wowed by the simple beauty of this card, Karren! It's so perfect that it leaves me speechless!

Goga said...

Fantastic card. Thanks for sharing at The male Room. Goga

Jaydee said...

Karren, congratulations to your Dad on making this wonderful milestone, and what a fabulous card to help him celebrate. I love the monochromatic colors. The vellum heart is perfect. So glad you shared this with us at Addicted to CAS this week
Jaydee

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous card for your dad! Happy Birthday to your dad! Hope you send me such a beauty for my 90th!

Andreja said...

What a fantastic card :-))
Thank you for joining us at The Male Room ❤️