Friday 21 April 2023

Better With You

 Hello and welcome!  I came up with the board for this week's Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge and I hope you'll find the time to have a go.  For my card, I knew I wanted to do some Copic colouring and create a wee scene so I went with Colouring-Critters-Scene to come up with this card.


Usually when I am Copic-colouring, I have a vague idea of what colours I want to use and then just pull them out as I go.  For this card, though, because there were a lot of elements, I decided to plan out my colours before I started so as to not have a mass of different colours.  Because I actually wrote down my colours for each element, I've included them here at the bottom.

After colouring all the various images, I cut them with my Scan n Cut and set them aside to work on the background.  Firstly, I masked off the card front with a rectangle mask and ink-blended blues and greens to represent a sky and ground.  Before removing the mask, I splattered on some ink as well as some white gouache and once that was all dry, I stamped the sentiment.


Finally, I added my coloured images and called it done.  Unfortunately, my little squirrel got a weepy eye as my ink obviously wasn't dry before I started colouring.






Copic Markers:

Tree Stump:           E31, E35, E57, E79
Picnic Basket:        E34, E35, E57, E79
Picnic Cloth:          R27, R29, R59
Squirrel:                E31, E33, E35, E57, E79
Fox:                      E13, E15, E18, W1, W3, R20, R00
Boy's Top:              R27, R29, R59
Boy's Hair:             E44, E79
Boy's Jeans:           B91, B95, B97, B99
Boy's Boots:           C3, C5, C7
Boy's Skin:             E11, E21, E00, E000

Products used: 
Stanps:  Hoodie Weather (MFT)
Ink: Amalgam (Gina K.), Versafine Onyx Black, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Uncharted Mariner Distress Inks, Seafoam (Catherine Pooler)
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Accessories:  Masking Rectangle Stencils (Taylored Expressions), White Gouache, Copics

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

The wee scene you created and colored is darling, Karren! What a sweet trio they are!

I Card Everyone said...

Super cute, Karren!
=]

kiwimeskreations said...

love the background you created for your gorgeous wee scene Karren
Blessings
Maxine

Bobby said...

So cute, Karren.

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable! And your coloring is wonderful as always! I am going to copy down your combos!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous scene and great colouring. simply fabulous Karren.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is such a cute little scene Karren and that background is amazing - it adds so much interest to an already fabulous scene!

Judy Rozema said...

Can you please come over and teach me how to use my SNC?? This is simply adorable and so beautifully colored!