Sunday 23 July 2023

Hippo Birthday

 Hi!  For the first time in what seems like forever, I had time to make a card just for the fun of it and to enter in a few challenges!  I started with the sketch from MFT, then chose the colours based on the Color Throwdown challenge.  From there, I went with the CAS challenge at Krafty Chicks.


Because it was a MFT sketch, I went through my MFT stamps and found this NBUS set so I decided on the hippos because I could use gray for the CTD challenge.  After colouring the image I cut it out and then made a Polaroid frame using a square and rectangle die.  

I stamped the sentiment and adhered it all together, using foam tape to adhere it to a Fog cardbase.


As per the sketch I found some little clay hearts and coloured one of the white ones with a Copic marker and then adhered them all with liquid glue.


Thanks so much for visiting!




Products used:

Stamps:  Picture Perfect Party Animals (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Fog (SSS), X-Press It
Dies:  Pierced Square Stax, A2 Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Happy Hearts Shaker Mix (Paper Rose)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shoutout at Krafty Chicks.

8 comments:

Dawn T said...

Very clever Karren. A really sweet card.

I Card Everyone said...

SOOO fun, and darling, Karren!
=]

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love that image, what a great card and funny sentiment too! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

Rosanne Mulhern said...

Super cute and fun, Karren!

Amy O said...

What a fun card! And what beautiful coloring! Glad you had time to stamp for fun!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a clever and fun take on the sketch, Love your happy card.
Faith x

Susie Moore said...

What a wonderful card! You are an amazing colorist! Thanks for joining us each week for the Color Throwdown Challenge!

kiwimeskreations said...

A fun and fabulous card Karren - love it
Blessings
Maxine