Thursday 21 September 2023

Copper Leaf

 Hi and welcome to a new sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches where our hostess this week is Cecile Ribon.  I went 100% literal with Cecile's sketch to come up with this card.



 This is another leaf from my play session with mica stain sprays last week.  This time the leaf is from the Greetery, but the way I created it is the same as last week's card.  While the leaf was drying, I cut a 4.5" square white card base and rubbed on some Black Soot Distress Paint and some Silver Metallic Paint Dabber in a random fashion to mimic the sketch.



I finished with a reverse hot-foiled sentiment and some black enamel dots.  I wish you could see this leaf in real life - the mica stain sprays are so gorgeous!



Thanks for visiting!  Please check out the fabulous cards made by our design them.

Products used:

Cardstock:  White
Ink:  Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Dies:  Jumbo Curiosity Buckeye (The Greetery), Hexi-Gem Sentiments Hot Foil (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Mica Sprays (Burning Ember, Fallen Acorn, Decayed, Tarnished Brass) Silver Metallic Paint Dabber (Ranger), Black Soot Distress Paint, Black Hot Foil

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I love this leaf, Karren! It's been on my wishlist for some time! SO beautiful in these coppery colors!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It's GORGEOUS, love you used the blues. A fabulous leaf.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

Ohhh, I like the copper! This is pretty, Karren!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a dramatic card Karren - I am sure it sparkles IRL!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Stunning Karren. Love the lovely leaves against the bold of the blue in the background.

Amy O said...

This leaf is stunning! I want to reach through my screen and touch it and shift it to and fro in the light.

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow Karren, that leaf is just gorgeous! I love the rich colour and I love the paint you've rubbed on behind it! Very elegant!

Linda Callahan said...

The leaf is gorgeous! Beautiful card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

That leaf is just stunning and the perfect focal point on your card!

Cécile RIBON said...

This "100% litteral" card is just gorgeous! That copper leaf is so beautiful and I love how you paired it with some blue brushstrokes.