Saturday 14 July 2018

Lemonade

Hi!  Yes, I have been a prolific blogger this week - blame a week off work for that!  Apologies for filling up your inbox.  It's back to work on Monday though, so I'll be back to my usual 1-2 posts per week after that.

But... as I mentioned in my recent post, it's been great to play along in challenges I don't usually get time to play in.  Todays cards (yes, two!) are for one of those challenges.  It's Darnell's Twofer Challenge and this month the theme is beverages.  Now, for unknown reasons, this challenge really scares me - I never, ever make two cards at the same time using the same stamps and I really had to step outside my comfort zone 😅.  These cards actually took me most of the morning - including the hour I spent going through all my stamps trying to find inspiration.  I hope they aren't too similar for the challenge.  In hindsight, I should have made one lemon and one orange 😄but I did color one with Copics and one with Zigs, if that helps?


So for the first card, I used the sketch at SugarPea Designs and the colors from Cupcake Inspirations.



I colored the images with Zigs and the embossing powder is Crushed Curry from Stampin' Up.  Here's a close up of the card:


I dry-embossed a 3D embossing folder onto a die-cut white panel before adhering it to the card base.  The sentiment is die-cut with a jumbo flag die, which I extended to fit the sentiment.

For my second card, I went with a thanks theme and I'm also linking up to 4 Crafty Chicks.


These images were colored with Copics.  Onto the white card base, I sponged over the Bubbly stencil with Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade distress inks.  I then stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black ink and added the images.  The lemon squeezer and glass are popped up on foam tape.  


I finished both cards with some Sparkling Clear Confetti.

Here are the various colors I used for the images.




Thanks for visiting!

Grab our Badge!




Products used:

Card 1:

Stamps:  Pucker Up (SugarPea Designs)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Mod Rectangle Stax, Jumbo Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Zigs, Crushed Curry EP, 3D Texture Fades EF (Lumber), Sparkling Clear Confetti

Card 2:

Stamps:  Pucker Up (SugarPea Designs)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versafine Onyx Black, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Accessories:  Copics, Bubbly Stencil (Newton's Nook), Sparkling Clear Confetti

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at 4 Crafty Chicks and Cupcake Inspirations.

14 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

A double feature today! Love the grumpy lemon! Like seeing the difference between them he zigs and the Copics! Adorable cards!

Happy Dance said...

These are such cute images, Karren! Your coloring is simply stunning, too. Someday, I've really got to learn how to color properly... That dotted background you've created on your thank you card is sweet, and a great compliment to the focal point. Love that embossed background on your first card too. Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

Barb Ghig said...

Super cute cards, Karren! I love the images in this set, and you have really brought them to life with your coloring and designs! I also love your details on each card...Great choice of embossing powder and perfect stenciling! You did an amazing job combining challenges, too :)

Dawn T said...

Totally delightful Karren. Two lovely cards. Love the stenciling. It is so pretty.

Nance said...

Two oh so adorable cards! Thanks for playing with us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Susanne Vargas said...

Yummm! An ice cold lemonade would be perfect on this hot day we are having! These stamps crack me up - they are mega cute! Both cards are expertly colored (you are amazing in both mediums)! Love them both! See, it wasn't so hard! I'm glad that you stepped outside your comfort zone!
Thanks for joining us at the Twofer!

Jen Timko said...

That face on the lemon....what a hoot!!! Adorable cards!

Darnell said...

It's always great when you get a chance to post more often and for fun, Karren! I really appreciate that you took the time to tackle Twofer this month! I hope you had fun stretching your design skills and your stash and you'll come back often!

These are both a terrific fit for the challenge because you changed up your background with dry embossing on one and stenciling on the other, and you rearranged the images and added a glass. You color like a pro with either Copics or Ziggies and I love both sediments! Those little faces are everything, especially the one on that lemon half being squeezed! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #7! Hugs, Darnell

Kara Lynne said...

Karren, these cards are just too cute for words! I love how you used Zigs on one, and Copics on the other. That little sour lemon is the first guy to attract my eye, but all of those little images are adorable, and I love the different backgrounds and sentiments! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Kerin said...

What fun, summery cards...I love them both!! Thanks for joining in the SugarPea Designs Mix It Up Challenge this month!

Indy's Designs said...

These are both so cute! They are so bright and fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hugs,
Debbie

Lesley said...

I’m so sorry I haven’t been by much!!! What cute cards you made, as always! Glad you had a great week off! That’s wonderful!! Hugs my friend.

Wendy Bellino said...

Your CAS cards are so refreshing and I love that you used our color theme! I am eyeing the lemons to lemonade sentiment, the yellow is so striking on the black card stock. Thanks so much for sharing the with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Quillish said...

Your work is so refreshing just like the lemonade you shared. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. Hugs~ Ishani.