Saturday 21 July 2018

Little Chef

Hi and welcome!  I had some time today to make a card for a few of my favorite challenges - MFT Sketch Challenge and Color Throwdown and the Anything Goes challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.

I've been wanting to use my Recipe for Happiness set again for a while now as this little chef is too cute to sit languishing in my stamp collection.  So today was the day!


I decided to take the four squares from the sketch and turn them into a window with the help of MFT's Classic Windows die.  Onto a white top-folding card base I masked out the centre of the window and sponged over the English Brick Wall stencil with Grout Gray ink.  I then masked the brick wall stenciling and stenciled the clouds with the Mini Cloud stencil.

The window components were cut with Cement Gray and Blueberry cardstock.  I also added some acetate behind the window panes.  The sentiment was white-embossed onto a black strip cut with the Slanted Sentiment Strips die.

Finally, I stamped and colored the little chef and then die-cut him with the co-ordinating die.  He is popped up on foam tape and grounded on the sentiment strip.   And I know you generally have shutters on the outside of windows, but these were too cute not to use 😄


Thanks for visiting!




Products used:

Stamps:  Recipe for Happiness (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versamark, Sno Cone, Grout Gray (MFT)
Cardstock:  White, Cement Gray, Blueberry, Black Licorice (MFT), X-Press It, acetate
Dies:  Recipe for Happiness, Classic Windows, Slanted Sentiment Strips (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Mini Cloud Edges Stencil, English Brick Wall Stencil (MFT)

Cheers
Karren


6 comments:

Nancy R. said...

Great take on the MFT sketch, and beautifully colored!

Darnell said...

Your take on those four squares (and all the challenges) is brilliant, Karren! And I agree that this little chef is just too darn cute to be stuck in a drawer! Everything about your design is divine!! Hugs, Darnell

Barb Ghig said...

Really cute take on the sketch and color palette, Karren! I love the clever way you created the window and shutters, and your chef is perfect!

Aileen said...

Wonderful card Karren, love the colours you used.

Linda Callahan said...

This guy is adorable! Super cute card!

Broni said...

Super cute! Love how you incorporated the colors!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!