Thursday 19 July 2018

Red Peony


Hi and welcome!  It's time for another challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is the wonderful Linda Callahan.  Check out her fun sketch:



I took a few liberties with Linda's sketch but I hope you can sort of see it - if you close one eye and squint through the other, that is 😄


The two circles in the top are represented by the peony and the bud and the two leaves at the bottom are the bottom circle.  I colored the images with Copics and Prismacolor pencils and then cut them with my Scan n Cut.  They were then adhered to a white panel, cut narrower than card base size.  I added the sentiment then put it to one side.  

The black panel was stenciled with the Bubbly stencil and Licorice Glitter Embossing Paste.  Once it was dry, I adhered it to a white top-folding card base.  


I glued a thin strip of Limelight cardstock onto the side of a main image panel and after adding some craft foam, I adhered it to the card base.  Finally, I colored the flower with clear sparkle pen.

Here's another angle so you can see the stenciling.  






Thanks for visiting!  The DT have some gorgeous cards, so be sure to check them out.  I'm linking this card to the color challenge at Inky Paws.


Products used:

Stamps:  Peony Blooms (Newton's Nook)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock . White, Black, Limelight (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, Bubbly Stencil (Newton's Nook), Licorice Glitter Paste (Bo Bunny)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Inky Paws Challenge.

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

No squinting needed! I can see the sketch perfectly in this gorgeous card! So elegant.....beautiful coloring.....and I love the embossed side panel!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a gorgeous card Karren! I love the flower and the colours are so vibrant! Looks amazing against the white background! Very pretty!

sue t. said...

This so appeals to my CAS heart! Your eye is naturally drawn to that gorgeous red peony!! Thanks for playing along at Inky Paws this week!!

Barb Ghig said...

You are such a talent, Karren! I love your stenciled panel...especially black paste on black cardstock...so striking! Gorgeous coloring on the Peony and I love how the leaves are cascading downward on this card...Absolutely beautiful take on the sketch!

Indy's Designs said...

This is just beautiful! Love the black-dotted stripe. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
Hugs,
Debbie

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely elegant in it's simplicity - I am in LOVE with this card Karren!

Kim S said...

What a beautiful use of the sketch. Love the gorgeous flower and the falling leaves!

Amy O said...

I see the sketch with no problem! And I see a beautifully colored peony and leaves, and I see a gorgeous stenciled panel on the side. Love this, Karren!

Aileen said...

Love how you did this card, the flower on its own like your previous card really looks wonderful.