Thursday 13 September 2018

Balloon Birthday

Hi all!  I'm here with a card for the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our hostess is the delightful Linda Callahan and she has a very interesting sketch for us:


As soon as I saw Linda's sketch I saw a trio of balloons and nothing would shake the image so that's what I had to go with 😄



I die-cut three balloons from MFT cardstock in similar shades and also the strings from some Black Licorice cardstock.  I sponged some ink onto the right hand side of each balloon and then adhered them to a white top-folding card base.  It was about now that I thought they looked a bit bare, so I grabbed a star stencil and a negative die-cut and masking off all but one of the balloons, I stenciled over the stars with the same color ink.  I repeated this process with the other two balloons and finally added a highlight with white gel pen.  Much better! 



The sentiment is also a die-cut, so this card was pretty simple to put together.  I finished by painting the balloons with clear sparkle pen.

Thanks for visiting!  Head on over and check out the gorgeous cards made by the rest of the DT.

Products used:

Ink:  Peach Bellini, Coral Crush, Persimmon (MFT)
Cardstock:  Peach Bellini, Coral Crush, Persimmon, Black Licorice (MFT), White
Dies:  Balloon bash, Balloon Strings (PTI), Block Happy Birthday (MFT)
Accessories:  Classic Star Stencil (Winnie & Walter), White Gel Pen, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren


10 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Such a great way to use that sketch, Karren! My brain would not have started with balloons, but I'm glad yours did, it's a great idea!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the balloons! Perfect for the sketch!~ Crisp, clean and festive!

Dawn T said...

Great take on the sketch Karren. The balloons are fabulous

Barb Ghig said...

I love the addition of the stars on your balloons and your color palette is fabulous, Karren! Love your take on the sketch!

Stampingcountry said...

Your trio of balloons is a great take on this week's Freshly Made Sketch!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card Karren! I love those balloons and love that big, bold sentiment! So fun!

Amy O said...

Great colors and a great idea to use balloons with the sketch! Love this, Karren!

Jen Mitchell said...

Your take on the sketch is ingenious! The shading and the stars are a nice embellishment to the balloons!

Hannelie said...

LOVE your creative and gorgeous take on the sketch Karren!

Narelle Farrugia said...

You have used the coolest images for your card - they are a creative take on the sketch and I just love them!