Saturday 8 September 2018

Card Chain Challenge - August 2018

Hi!  I'm a bit late posting this but time got away on me this week.  As you may know, the last couple of months I've signed up to the Card Chain Challenge, whereby you actually send the card you make following the challenge criteria to the person who signs up before you in the linky.  Cool idea, huh?

Anyways, this month, I sent a card to Jo in England and this was the card I made:


I followed the sketch, the friendship theme and the stencil technique.  I used the Hero Arts Spiral stencil on some Bristol Smooth cardstock and blended on some distress inks.  Candied Apple, Abandoned Coral, Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade.

Once that was done I set it aside to dry and die-cut the "friend" word from both Ripe Persimmon and Black cardstock, offsetting the black one slightly to give a shadow.  The rest of the sentiment was white embossed onto a black strip.

To tell the truth, this is the third stenciled panel I made - the first one smudged and the second one, I cut the angles wrong, so for the third I just glued thin slivers of black cardstock across the panel rather than cut into it again! 

I layered everything onto a black card base and added some black Nuvo crystal drops to finish.


Sending me a card this month was Gail from Norway and she sent me this fabulous card:


Such a beautiful card and a clever take on the sketch!  Here are the challenge details:



Theme:  Lighthouse, Fruit or Friendship

Product/Technique:  Stencils

Thanks for visiting!

Products used:

Stamps:  Big Ideas (Creative Expressions)
Ink:  Versamark, Candied Apple, Abandoned Coral, Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks
Cardstock:  Black, Bristol Smooth, Ripe Persimmon (MFT)
Dies:  Friend Folksy Script (Poppystamps)
Accessories:  Spiral stencil (Hero Arts), Ebony Nuvo Crystal Drops, White EP


Cheers
Karren


5 comments:

Jeanne H said...

Wonderful card, Karren, and I love Gail's too!

Dawn T said...

Totally awesome Karren. I love taking part in the monthly CCC...

Angelnorth said...

Jo said “hypnotic” for your stencilled background and she’s spot in! Love the ink blending and the dramatic black touches, great card!

Karen Davis said...

What a great idea for a challenge Karren. Jo will be very blessed to receive this beauty. I love the background, so striking. I hope all is well with you.

Barb Ghig said...

Stunning card, Karren! I love the striking contrast of the black background with your beautiful color palette...Love the design on your stenciling, too!