Sunday 30 September 2018

Floral Corner

Hi

I'm here with a card for the current Muse challenge as well as the Stripes challenge at Just Us Girls.  It's been an age since I played along at either of these challenge - my creativity took a long hike and every card I've made for probaby the last 3-4 months has been an effort.  Yesterday, I made three cards and it all flowed a lot better, so fingers crossed my slump is on its way out.  (Just want to say, my slump didn't stop me buying new product...😄)

From the gorgeous Muse card, I took the floral theme, the stripes and the corner arrangement to come up with this card.


I got the Life Is Awesome set by Altenew a few weeks ago and yesterday, I decided to play around with the different layers for each image.  Once I was finished, I cut them with my Scan n Cut, which wasn't successful for some of the images even though I joined all the separate elements with a pencil.  Note to self:  buy the dies for this set 😄

To fix that problem, I stamped the orange flowers directly onto the card panel and then arranged the die-cut flowers around them.  The sentiment was stamped up the left hand side.  I added a strip of black and white striped paper to the left hand side of a white top-folding card base and then the floral panel. 

To finish, I added clear sparkle pen to all the flowers.

Thanks for visiting.



Products used:

Stamps:  Life is Awesome (Altenew), Birdie Brown Greetings Galore (MFT)
Ink:  Extreme Black (MFT), Sunkissed, Orange Cream, Autumn Blaze, Pink Pearl, Coral Bliss, Heart Beat, Vineyard Berry, Olive, Moss, Cosmic Berry (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black & White Strips (MFT)
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

Michelle W said...

Such a beautiful card Karren, don't you hate it when the creativity takes a hike!

Dawn T said...

Stunning Karren, Glad your mojo is back. Nothing more frustrating when creativity takes a slump.

Vicki Dutcher said...

I just adore side stripes! This card is fabulous with the pretty colored flowers. Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Kim S said...

My creativity did the same thing - it's not good because I found myself not even wanting to enter my craft corner which had been my happy place for a decade. But about a month ago, suddenly I was full of ideas. So far, it has stuck around!!

I really like what you've now created post-slump!! Beautiful, bright colors with those stripes grounding it all - it's fabulous.

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, this is gorgeous... way to persevere! Wonderful Muse, gorgeous rendition!
=]

Ardyth said...

These colours are so beautiful - fresh and happy! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week, Karren!

Aileen said...

Wow I love this Karren, if your creativity was in a slump its fixed now. What a beautiful design and love those flowers (I will not buy I will not buy......yeah I tell myself this all the time). The colours are just so soft and beautiful, love it. Yes its a constant learning curve with the scan n cut isn't it. I do love it when its working well but sometimes it can push its survival times :) For the issues you had you still ended up with a stunning creation hugs aileen

Carole Campanile said...

Your card is gorgeous as always. If your mojo has been missing it sure didn't show in your creations.
Your posts always make me smile. As for buying supplies, my craft room was in storage for almost a year, and that didn't put a single dent in my craft purchases. I would just pack them as they came in to use once I was able to move into my new home. :)

marilyn said...

I really like your combination of stamped flowers with the die cut flowers! I have real problem with a bunch of die cuts just stuck on a card. To me...it's sort of a "why bother"? Shows no real creativity or artistic flair...which is why the stamped images & die cuts make me smile!

Funny how we all have our periods of "slow mojo" or even non existent energy for crafting. I've noticed how clean my craft room is...because I haven't been using it. Not sure why though... thinking it's because of some outside family distractions that won't allow me to relax and go play. But again, hasn't stopped me from shopping!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about the frustration of losing your creative juices for a bit. Glad they are back. I always love to see your work! This is a gorgeous card. I love the way you did the flowers and I love that bit of orange you added to the pink. Just a beautiful creation.

Macimbalo said...

Wow, I love your card - those stripes on the side are perfect!!! Thanks for joining us this week at JUGS!

Karen Davis said...

I have a real soft spot for stripes and flowers. Your card is perfect in every way. Love the colours

Barb Ghig said...

Great save on the flowers! Such a beautiful color palette and I love the B&W striped border! You are such a talented artist, Karren...a truly gorgeous card!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Both cards are gorgeous! I love how you used the stripes paired up with those beautiful flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!