Thursday 20 September 2018

Christmas Chimney

Hi!  Long time no post!  I went away last weekend and didn't get any time in the craft room.  Today's card is for the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches where our hostess is the talented Kim Singdahlsen.  Isn't this a great sketch?


I decided to add to my meagre pile of Christmas cards and used a NBUS set by Your Next Stamp.



This is such a cute image and I really enjoyed coloring it with Copics.  Once I was finished, I colored all the snowy areas and snowflakes with clear sparkle pen, as well as the flame on the candle.

The sentiment strip is from black cardstock and white-embossed with a simple Christmas greeting.  The card base is Tropical Teal and used to match the scarf around the mouse's neck.






Thanks for visiting!  The DT have some gorgeous cards, so head on over and check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Merry Mouse Eve (Your Next Stamp), Snow Globe Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versamark
Cardstock:  Tropical Teal, Black Licorice (MFT), X-Press It
Accessories:  Copics, White EP, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Betty said...

such a sweet little scene, Karren and beautifully colored!

Kim S said...

What a charming image! I love that it's the focal point on all of that lovely white space! And I love the match with the teal and his little scarf.

Amy O said...

What an adorable image! And your coloring is fabulous. I love the teal card base for a Christmas card -- it's non-traditional but still feels Christmas-y.

Linda Callahan said...

This is one of the cutest images ever and your coloring just knocks it out of the park! Why is New Zealand so far away?!??! I want to come over to hang out and learn to color!

Stampingcountry said...

Your coloring is superb and your card is delightful. I like you sentiment strip too.

Dawn T said...

How adorable. A gorgeous card Karren

Jen Mitchell said...

Well if that isn't the cutest Christmas image then I don't know what is! I think that fellow is waiting for Santa, right? Your coloring is amazing, as always! :)

Barb Ghig said...

As always, your Copic coloring is just beautiful, Karren! You always know how to add shadows and highlights perfectly! Love your take on the sketch, too...Super cute image!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this card is so sweet Karren! I just love that little mouse! Your colouring is amazing as always!!! I'm pretty sure your meagre pile of cards is already larger than my meagre pile!!! I counted three today!!!

Hannelie said...

I love the clever placement of your sentiment Karren! And of course... your beautiful coloring!