Thursday 4 October 2018

Bold Birthday

Hi and welcome!  Today's card uses the new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is the lovely Cecile Ribon.  I pulled out a previously created alcohol ink panel which made short work of my card:



Don't you love that rainbow of boldness?  I can't remember the colors, but I created it at the same time I made this card, so the colors probably come from that list.  I also added some gold foil before it was completely dry.  A thin strip of black separated the alcohol-inked panel from the card base.  The die-cut sentiment is from Birch Press Designs and stacked three high and finished with some clear sparkle pen.  Here are another couple of photos from different angles.








Thanks for visiting!  The DT have created some gorgeous cards with Cecile's sketch, so I hope you'll check them out.

Products used:

Inks:  Alcohol Inks (sorry, can't remember colors)
Cardstock:  White, Black, Yupo, gold foil
Dies:  Just Because Sugar Script (Birch Press Designs)
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren


15 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, love the bright colours and the hint of gold is a great highlight, Cathy x

Amy O said...

Wow! I love those deep, rich colors! And the little bits of gold foil are fabulous. Gorgeous card, Karren!

Cindy H. said...

Wow, what an amazing card! Those colors are gorgeous!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Absolutely LOVE this card. That wonderful bold mix of colors is so striking and it pairs so well with that big bold sentiment!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous alcohol inked panel, Karren! I love the bold mix of colors and the touch of gold foil is perfect! I'm also loving the font on your sentiment...such a striking card!

Linda Callahan said...

Totally wow panel of color! Love the bold color with the added gold foil! Beautiful!

Dawn T said...

Totally amazing AI strip Karren. The colours are incredible, so bright and fun.

I Card Everyone said...

Yes! I do, I do, love those bold colors!
What a fantastic panel... I've yet to try this foiling technique, Karren! ugh... so little time, so many things to try! I love witnessing your playtime!
=]

Susanne Vargas said...

This looks fabulous!

Jen Brum said...

Oh, this is so beautiful Karren! I love that alcohol ink panel! The colours are so vibrant! I totally think I need to come and visit so I can learn how to do that!!!

Nora Noll said...

That alcohol background is phenomenal!! I LOVE the gold foil added to it. I need to try this. Such a beautiful card!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I do love that rainbow of boldness! What an amazing card!

Cheryl Cain said...

I’ve just found your blog and love what I see! The card that brought me to you is on a blog dated June 29, 2016, Freshly Made Sketches. I would love to know who makes the alphabet dies you used on your cute mouse thank you card. I love the shapes of the letters. I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog!

Karren said...

Hi Cheryl - thanks for your sweet comments. The die I used for the "thanks" word on the 2016 card is from Reverse Confetti and called "Fancy Words". Hope this helps.

Stampingcountry said...

Your card is gorgeous and bold! Love it! Your bold color panel is so eye catching and the bold die-cut sentiment matches perfectly.