Tuesday 2 October 2018

Hello Kitty

Hi and welcome!  I'm here with the card I created and the two cards I received as part of the Card Chain Challenge.  This month I went with the sketch and the cats theme to come up with this card, which was sent to Helen in Ohio.




This adorable image is from Newton's Nook and was colored with Copic markers as part of the last 30 Day Marker Challenge, so I don't have the colors that I used.

The patterned papers were die-cut with stitched dies and adhered to a white top-folding card base.  The circular piece is actually foiled and is sparkly in real life.


I finished with a hello die from MFT cut from Steel Gray cardstock.

And here are the two gorgeous cards I received from Betty (photos borrowed from Betty's blog).  I was so touched that Betty send an Autumn card as well as a Spring card, as we are coming into Spring here in the Southern Hemisphere.



I am really enjoying participating in this challenge each month and I urge you to join in if you're anything like me and love sending and receiving beautiful handmade cards.  The October challenge is open until 6 October for sign-up.

Here is the challenge graphic.



Theme Options:  Food, Cats, Friendship

or

Product/Technique:  Wool or Twine

Products used:

Stamps:  Newton Loves Boxes (Newton's Nook)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock:  White, Steel Gray (MFT), Forever (Rosie's Studio), Wood & Notebook Basics (Sn@p)
Dies:  Blueprints 31, Inside/Out Stitched Circles, Simply Hello and Love You (MFT)
Accessories:  Copic Markers

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

purrrrfect!!
=]

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card, Karren! Isn't that so sweet of Betty, Jo x

Linda Callahan said...

Oh those sweet kitties! Adorable card....and a fun swap to be in!

Dawn T said...

Adorable kitty's Karren and isn't Betty just the best. I've had some beautiful cards from her over the years.

Karen Davis said...

The kitty card is absolutely darling Karren. Love Betty’s cards too.

Barb Ghig said...

Your kitties are so sweet and I love how you colored them, Karren! Fabulous splattering on your circle and the woodgrain stitched panel grounds everything perfectly! I love this card, and I'll bet Helen loves it too :)

Angelnorth said...

Super cute kitties, love your take on the sketch!