Thursday 18 October 2018

Gorgeous Lilies

Hi and welcome!  It's time for another Freshly Made Sketch challenge and here is the wonderful sketch that my Aussie mate Narelle came up with.

I had to use a NBUS set called Peruvian Lily for my card.  These multi-step flowers are just gorgeous - hence the title of this blog post!


My two flowers aren't exactly where they should be based on the sketch but there is a very good reason for that.  Originally I was going to use one flower and a stenciled circle underneath.  So I stenciled the circle with some gray-tinted embossing paste and then positioned the flower.  It just didn't look good, so I took a second flower and positioned both of them to cover up the stenciling totally.

The sentiment was stamped in black and my card was done!


Products used:

Stamps:  Peruvian Lily (Altenew)
Ink:  Extreme Black (MFT), Pink Pearl, Coral Bliss, Heart Beatm Citrus Burst, Fresh Lemon, Maple Yellow, Honey Drizzle, Bamboo, Parrot, Olive, Industrial Diamond (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White
Accessories:  Peruvian Lily dies

Cheers
Karren


11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, that's the beauty of a Sketch! Open to interpretation - and yours is truly gorgeous! I may be drooling over those lilies!
=]

Betty said...

have loved that lily ever since Altenew came out with it - and you've used it so beautifully, Karren - great save and would have never known.

Linda Callahan said...

Those are mighty gorgeous lilies! beautiful card - amazing flowers!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful lilies, Karren! Your color palette is so pretty and your design works perfectly for the sketch! Great save on your stenciling, too!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Karren. Your lilies are stunning.

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! Those flowers are amazing! You've got quite a knack for knowing how to color flowers to maximum effect!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my! Those flowers are super stunning and perfectly coloured - I'm so jealous of those beauties! I adored this card as soon as I saw it in the gallery!

Kim S said...

Gorgeous stamps - and your colors are just stunning!

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow Karren! Those lilies are gorgeous! Those colours are so vibrant and stand out so nicely! Love the sentiment too! So pretty!

lichazul said...

lovely flowers
congrats
thanks so much for your comment in my blog
have a nice day

Jen W. said...

This is stunning, Karren! I love the gorgeous colours you used for those lilies . So perfect.