Thursday 11 October 2018

Leaves and Bricks

Hi all!  I'm lucky enough to have three days off work and this is my second day.  Yesterday was spent with my 16 year old son (gotta take advantage when they still want to be seen in public with their mother!)  Today is hopefully going to be spent stamping and I'm off to a good start with one card made and it's only noon 😄

I made this card using the current sketch at MFT, the leaves theme at Paper Players and the stencil theme at Sweet Stampin'.


I started by die-cutting the frame from Blueprints 27.  Using that as a template I lightly penciled around the outside so I knew where to mask for the stenciling.  Using a very small amount of Hickory Smoke distress ink, I mixed up a pale gray embossing paste then added it over the top of the English Brick Wall stencil.  I remove the masking tape and set it aside to dry.



I then went to work on the leaves.  I ended up using nine different distress inks to get these leaves!  I kept adding color, water and dropping my sheet of Bristol Smooth in the resulting mix.  once I was happy with the colors, I flicked on some Ground Espresso, Fired Brick and Peeled Paint inks.

The Falling Leaves dies were used to cut from the distress inked panel and I lightly sponged around the edges with the same three inks used to flick ink onto the panel.  The sentiment is white embossed onto Jellybean Green cardstock and cut with one of the banner dies in Blueprints 27.



Then it was time to assemble the card.  The frame went down first and then the sentiment.  From there, the leaves were added - either directly to the card or on foam tape.  I finished with some clear droplets.



Thanks for visiting!



Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog

Products used:

Stamps:  More Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Fired Brick, Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo, Shabby Shutters, Hickory Smoke, Peeled Paint, Ground Espresso, Aged Mahogany Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Bristol Smooth, Jellybean Green (MFT)
Dies:  Blueprints 27, Falling Leaves (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP, Clear Droplets, English Brick Wall Stencil (MFT), White Embossing Paste

Cheers
Karren



9 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Karren! The leaves you have created are absolutely stunning, especially against the stenciled background. This card is GORGEOUS! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a stunning card, Karren! Your leaves are colored so beautifully and look totally realistic! I love how you added texture to the brick wall and your clear droplets look just like drops of water! A really fabulous autumn card!!!

Dawn T said...

A beautiful card Karren. Lucky you to have some time off

ElizStewart said...

Karren... love your leaves beyond words! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow the leaves are fabulous! And I love the brick!

Jan Clothier said...

Your leaves are mini-art works, Karren! Love them, right down to the little clear raindrops. The brick wall through the window is great too. Thank you for joining in with us at The Paper Players this week.

Sammy said...

This is really lovely! Love the stenciling, and the leaves, complete with dewdrops! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Narelle Farrugia said...

All I can say is WOW!!!!!

Kim S said...

Those leaves are absolutely perfect!! And the gray brick is a lovely backdrop.