Thursday 12 September 2019

Big Thanks

Hi, it's time for another challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and this week I am the hostess.  Here is my sketch.



Those circles can be anything and I chose to make them flowers.



Because I haven't felt like coloring lately, I've been turning to multi-step stamps to give the illusion of coloring.  I stamped several flowers and leaves and cut them with my Scan n Cut.  I cut a strip out of a card front-sized panel and then stamped leaves directly onto the remaining two pieces.  The sentiment was stamped in the "gap" and then I added foam tape to pop the front panels up on the card base.


The flowers are adhered with a mixture of liquid glue and foam tape for added dimension.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the gorgeous cards made by the DT and have a go yourself.

Products used:

Stamps:  Sunflower Daisy (Altenew), Embroidered Blooms (PTI)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Golden Sunset, Summer Afternoon, Green Fields sets (Altenew)
Cardstock: White
Accessories:  Scan n Cut, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Karren

10 comments:

Amy O said...

Beautifully done, Karren! I love how these flowers look 3-D. I usually struggle with stamp sets that have multiple-step stamping as I can never get them aligned just right, but you nailed it. These pretty blooms are perfect.

Linda Callahan said...

Well your stamped images are lovely - beautifully put together! Thanks for the great sketch and I love how the sentiment peeks through!

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW Karren, this is fabulous!!!!!!! I love the beautiful sunflowers and how you cut the layers to make the sentiment pop through! AMAZING, My Friend! XX

Jen Brum said...

This card is just gorgeous Karren! I love those flowers and their fall colours! Love how you've done the sentiment too! Sorry you haven't felt much like colouring! Sending you huge hugs!

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! I love the pretty stamps you used and the amazing colors you chose. GORGEOUS card.

Dawn T said...

OMG - what stunning flowers. Love the way you used the sketch. Really impressive.

Barb Ghig said...

Great idea to go with multi-step stamping, Karren! Your flowers are absolutely beautiful and work perfectly with the sketch! Another stunning creation!

Kim S said...

These are gorgeous!! I love how you kept the sentiment so simple -but totally unique by setting it back.

Jen Timko said...

This is beautiful, Karren. The layered stamps are perfect.

Cécile RIBON said...

Those sunflowers look terrific, Karren! I always admire your amazing talent with colors. This stamping job is stunning.