Friday 6 September 2019

Distressed Leaves


Hi and welcome to the latest challenge from the Fusion team.


I needed a Father's Day card for my DH and I wanted to keep it low-key because of the loss we have just suffered.  I knew it would be a hard day for him (and for all of us) so came up with an autumn-themed card with only a small mention of Father's Day.



The background to the leaves was created by smooshing Bristol Smooth paper through many colours of Distress Oxide inks.  Once I was happy with the colour, I splattered on some Black Soot ink and then die cut with the leaves dies.  I then die-cut the black top layer and glued to the coloured leaves.

A simple and small sentiment and a panel of Jellybean Green cardstock to match the sketch and my card was finished, apart from some dew drops.


Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  All About Dad (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Rusty Hinge, Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Fossilized Amber, Black Soot, Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, Ground Espresso Distress Oxide Inks
Cardstock:  Kraft, Jellybean, Black Licorice (MFT), Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Maple Thanks, Oak Leaf (Neat & Tangled)
Accessories:  Raindrops (PTI)

Karren


5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Simple and stylish......these types of days must be so difficult for all of you....xox

Barb Ghig said...

Love your masculine color palette, Karren! Your leaves worked perfectly with the sketch, too...I'll bet your dad appreciates the simplicity of this card, especially right now. Sending hugs, Barb xx

Dawn T said...

Amazing leaves Karren. This card would have been lovely for your husband on a sad day for you all.

Cindy Beach said...

Karren,
I'm new to your blog but I love your cards! This one is beautifully done. Reaching out to you in your heartache. Sending prayers and hugs.

Kim S said...

Gorgeous!!