Thursday 19 September 2019

Tiny Bouquet

My closest DT neighbour is our hostess this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  Check out Narelle's wonderful sketch:



Due to a smudge I needed to cover up, I had to move my elements down the card a bit, but you can still see the sketch.



I have been trying a bit of retail therapy to re-kindle my desire to stamp and got an order from WPlus9 last week.  I stamped the flowers and did some simple Copic coloring before cutting them out with my Scan N Cut.  The background was die-cut with a cover die and the strips behind the sentiment are Watercolor Wash patterned paper - to match the flower colors.


A very simple card with a little pop of color.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll check out the gorgeous cards made by the rest of the design team.




Products used:

Stamps:  Hello and Thanks (WPlus9), Bitty Thanks and Gratitude (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Watercolor Wash Brights (MFT)
Dies:  Blueprints 8 (MFT), Stitched Ironworks (WPlus9)
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Sharon Madsen said...

I love this! And I just read your whole profile. My heart goes out to you. Can't imagine losing one of my children. Sympathies and love to you.

I am headed right over to WPlus9 to purchase that background die!

I Card Everyone said...

All it takes is a tiny bouquet to add a ton of beauty to that gorgeous Ironworks panel, Karren! Wonderful card!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Your embossed panel is stunning, Karren! I love how you colored those darling blooms, too...such a beautiful CAS take on the sketch, my friend :)

Linda Callahan said...

I need to investigate cover dies.....love the background! Sweeet card!

Jen Brum said...

Oh!!! Those flowers are so pretty! I love them! Love that stitched background too!! So glad you took advantage of a little retail therapy! Great choices!!!

Dawn T said...

Just adorable Karren. I really love the background.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Ha! I love that you covered up the smudge with your placement of your strips! So clever and something I do all the time. Your card, with all it's texture and flowery images is just perfect!

Cécile RIBON said...

I totally love your delicate card, Karren. Your little flower bunch is so pretty.