Friday 10 January 2020

Coppery Hello


Welcome to another year of Fusion challenges.  We've got an updated challenge graphic and a new team member, so I hope you'll head on over and check out who we are fortunate enough to add to our team.


I created a fusion this time, by flipping the sketch on its side and playing with the colors in the photo.



Onto a white die-cut panel, I stenciled over a mandala stencil with Smoked Hickory ink - concentrating heavier color on the left and fading out towards the right.  I then flicked on some bronze mica spray and some black distress paint and set it aside to dry.

The leaves were die-cut from copper cardstock and added, along with the sentiment, when the panel was dry.  I used some craft foam to pop it up on the white card base.


Thanks for visiting.  The DT have some wonderful cards for our first challenge of the year so I hope you'll check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Assorted Greetings (Gina K Designs)
Ink:  Hickory Smoke Distress Ink, Obsidian (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Bristol Smooth, Copper
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax 2 (MFT), Layering Leaves (Concord & 9th)
Accessories:  Captivating Mandala Stencil (MFT), Antiqued Bronze Distress Mica Spray, Black Soot Distress Paint

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LOve these copper-y sprigs, Karren! and oh yeah, the grey!! wink, wink!
=]
ps... love your watermark - did you create it?

Darnell said...

Gah, I swoon for copper! This is incredible, Karren! The background and schplattering for your shimmery copper stems is perfect!! I have those stems and now can't wait to cut them in copper ~ thank you! Sending hugs, Darnell

marilyn said...

VERY striking! The copper and grey are a fabulous combo that I've never used...

Linda Callahan said...

Your stenciled background is beautiful....lovely with the copper sprigs!

Dawn T said...

Superb colour combo Karren. Lovely card

Barb Ghig said...

I love that you chose this set of leaves for your design, Karren! Great idea to use copper foil, too! I'm also really loving the effects of the bronze mica spray with this stencil...Such a striking card!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Gorgeous! This is CAS perfection, Karren!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fantastic design! I love the colorful splatters and the copper leaves are fantastic.

Cécile RIBON said...

I'm totally in love with this color combination! Grey and copper make such a classy palette! I love so much the amazing background too.