Thursday 23 January 2020

Sparkly Celebration

I'm here with sketch number 419 from the team at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our sketch hostess this week is Lee Ann Barrett and here is her sketch:


I had a desire for something other than a white card base this week, so came up with this card, which is probably going to be for my mother's birthday next month.



The card base and angled panel is After Midnight cardstock from MFT.  I clear-embossed the Kaleidoscope background onto the angled panel and then sponged some Chipped Sapphire distress ink around the edges.  I also sponged around the card base edges as well.

I matted the panel onto a Silver Sparkle panel and used foam tape to adhere it to the card base.

The sentiment is stacked three high and the stamped sentiment was cut with an angled panel to mimic the main sketch.


Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the gorgeous cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Kaleidoscope BG (SSS), Celebrate (Neat & Tangled)
Ink:  Versamark, Obsidian (Altenew), Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White, Silver Sparkle, After Midnight (MFT)
Dies:  Celebrate (MFT)
Accessories:  Clear EP

Cheers
Karren


11 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Wow! That is so striking! I love the close ups where you can see the embossing. The sparkle is wonderful.

I Card Everyone said...

As exquisite as any gorgeous cocktail dress, Karren! What a card to celebrate!
=]

Amy O said...

This is so elegant and gorgeous! I love the sparkle and the the way you've inked the card edges. Beautifully done, Karren!

Linda Callahan said...

You have such an eye for detail! The embossed background is gorgeous and the sparkle sentiment looks terrific!

Dawn T said...

so pretty Karren.

Cindy Beach said...

WOW! This is brilliant with all the sparkle and beautiful in the classic colors. Love the silver against the richly textured navy.

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!!! I LOVE that Kaleidoscope stamp. I thought it was an intricate cover die at first. Your shading is GORGEOUS!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, Karren! I love your Kaleidoscope background and how you sponged around the edges on this card! Love your sparkly sentiment, too!

Jen Brum said...

Oh be still my heart! This card totally takes my breath away. It's just gorgeous! I just love that background and the sparkle makes it so elegant! Your mom is totally going to love this card!!!

Vicky Hayes said...

What an elegant and dramatic card Karren! I love the deep blue and how you stamped and embossed detail on your skewed panel. The whole thing is finished perfectly with the sparkly stacked sentiment and its tag. Gorgeous! Vicky x

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Love the dramatic look of your navy and clear embossed panel, Karren! This would make for a great anniversary or wedding card too!! Love it and may have to CASE it.