Thursday 30 January 2020

Love You. Mean It.

Today's Freshly Made Sketch was designed by Jennifer Timko and it's a versatile one:



I didn't have a lot of motivation when I sat down to make my card, so pulled out an alcohol-inked piece of Yupo and designed my card around that.



The piece of Yupo was adhered to a white square card base.  I then cut a slightly smaller square panel and die-cut the mandala die from the centre.  I also die-cut it and additional two times from white card and once from silver sparkle paper.  I added the negative panel to the card base with foam tape, then sprayed the mandala with adhesive and added that in the gap.

The sentiment is white-embossed onto black and underneath it I added a scrap of the Yupo paper.  All very simple.


Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Alcohol Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, Silver Sparkle (MFT), Yupo
Dies:  Magical Mandala (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP

Cheers
Karren


8 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

What a stunning look this has! That die is amazing. Beautiful background too!

Barb Ghig said...

Your alcohol inked panel works perfectly with the sparkly paper you chose for the Mandala and I love how you added it below the sentiment strip, too! Really gorgeous card, Karren!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is amazing. The colors and the silver mandala are so beautiful together.

Linda Callahan said...

Total stunner.....such a beautiful card!

Jen Brum said...

I love this card Karren! That mandala is just gorgeous! Love the background!!! Perfect sentiment as well!

Greta said...

Beautiful card with that sparkly mandala die!

Cécile RIBON said...

This mandala is nothing but stunning! I love how simple and yet striking your card is, Karren.

Kim S said...

I love the elegance of that beautifully colored background behind the silvery medallion!