Thursday 16 January 2020

Time to be Awesome

It's time for another fun challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches where Jacquie Southas is our hostess this week.  Here is her sketch:



My youngest son is moving out of home in a couple of weeks.  Yes, the timing is not great and I don't want him to leave, but we're not going to stop him as he is craving independence.  So, on the day he moves out, I'll give him this card:


I deliberately chose this Neat & Tangled set for William's card because this was the set I used when Matthew left home the first time 3 1/2 years ago.  Here's a link to the card I made for Matthew

Apologies for the poor photography - I think my camera focused on the silver and dulled everything else.  The card base is white and I added a strip of black embossed with the Weathered Embossing Folder.  I die-cut another white panel as well as some silver cardstock with a stitched border die and used foam tape beind the panel to pop it up. 

I stamped some stars and the first part of the sentiment onto this panel and then used a silver die-cut with the black shadow and called it done.



Thanks for visiting.  The design team have some wonderful cards so I hope you'll check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Awesome (Neat & Tangled)
Ink:  Obsidian, Cloudy Night (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black, Silver
Dies:  Stitched Basic Edges (MFT), Awesome (N&T)
Accessories:  Weathered EF (Taylored Expressions)


13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

A gorgeous way to say 'be seeing you', Karren!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

This is “awesome!” You are a wonderful mom.....and a strong one!

Dawn T said...

Totally fabulous Karren, a very elegant card.

Barb Ghig said...

This N&T set is perfect for a masculine card, and I love that you chose it for both boys :) I also love the silver alphas and that you embossed the black panel for texture...a really fabulous take on the sketch, as always, Karren!
I know how hard it is to let go...stay strong, my friend ~ xx

A.Rose said...

Glad to see I’m not the only one to flip the sketch! How powerful with the black and white design.

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card Karren! William is going to love it! I love that sentiment!! The colours are perfectly masculine as well! You're such a great mom!!!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Karren,

What a terrific monochromatic card, perfect for this super simple sketch. Good thinking to flip the sketch!

TK said...

Awesome is what your card is! I love that you're using the same set for your second son, and remembering your first...

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the way you turned the sketch and created such a great masculine card, Karren! Hugs for the transition.

Notes by Nina said...

Such a wonderful card Karren, your son will love this.

Jen Mitchell said...

A wonderful card. I'm sure William will love it. <3

Cécile RIBON said...

"Awesome" is just what comes in my mind seeing your design, Karren! Awesome and classy, too.

Kim S said...

It is truly perfect for any male! It celebrates him, yet still is so clean and masculine.