Thursday 18 June 2020

Floral Hugs

Hi, I'm here with my card for the latest Freshly Made Sketch challenge where our hostess this week is Amy O'Neill.  Here is her wonderful sketch:


I decided to do some Copic coloring and over the last few weeks I've decided to just enjoy the coloring process and not worry about trying to make my coloring perfect.  So here is my card using some floral images I spent some time just playing with my markers.


I used a new-to-me die for the background and then arranged the colored and cut flowers to match the sketch.  For the sentiment, I wanted something bold and black to stand out so found this Hugs die from PTI and stacked it three high for dimension.



Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.



Products used:

Stamps:  In Bloom:  Julie's Roses, In Bloom:  Elsa's Flora, In Bloom:  Addie's Garden (Winnie & Walter)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K)
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  In Bloom:  Addie's Garden (W&W), Big Hugs (PTI), Window Sphere (Altenew)
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

The prettiest hug I've received today, Karren! Good for you for doing just-for-fun-coloring - it's lovely!
=]

Amy O said...

I love these pretty and beautifully colored flowers! And I love that die-cut background. Such a gorgeous card, Karren!

Cindy Beach said...

The pop of black and the sentiment couldn't be a better match for the gorgeous flowers. I love the coloring! Relaxing makes everything easier, I think.

Linda Callahan said...

Hugs back atcha! Gorgeous flowers and I love the detail in the circle diecut! Beautiful card!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card and your coloring looks great.

Barb Ghig said...

Your roses are so pretty, Karren! I love how you colored them with Copics and that you chose the Window Sphere for the aperture...Beautiful work, my friend, as always! xx

Jen Brum said...

Karren, this card is just gorgeous! Those flowers are so pretty and I love that sentiment! That diecut circle is just amazing too! Love it!

Nora Noll said...

I love your design!! That die cut circles looks fabulous with the beautifully colored rose. Beautiful card!