Thursday 4 June 2020

#breathe

Hi and welcome to the latest Freshly Made Sketch challenge where I am the hostess this week.  For my card, I went with an old technique called Faux Tearing.



I tore up a sheet of copy paper and using both pieces of the torn strip, I masked off areas on a white panel and sponged ink before stenciling in a similar color.  I accidentally ended up with 4 strips instead of the 3 in the sketch, because I thought the colors weren't dark enough so went over them again, not realising that one of the masks had moved.  




The leaves were made using Distress Oxide ink on alcohol ink paper then apply Distress Micro Glaze over the top to bring up the shine.  I then die-cut the panel with some skeleton leaf dies.  They were arranged onto a dark gray mod square die-cut and I finished with a simple sentiment - also from Tim Holtz.


Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll visit the challenge blog and see what the DT did with my sketch and maybe even have a go yourself.

Products used:

Stamps:  #hashtags (Tim Holtz)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, Forest Moss, Twisted Citron, Crushed Olive, Lucky Clover (Distress Oxide), Winter Sky, Sea Glass, Sea Foam, Cloudy Sky (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Alcohol Ink Cardstock, Steel Gray (MFT)
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax, Stitched Mod Square Stax (MFT), Skeleton Leaves (Tim Holtz)
Accessories:  Distress Micro Glaze, Various Tim Holtz Stencils, Enamel Dots

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

that faux tearing is new to me, Karren! You've #breath-ed new life into it … pun intended! LOve these oceanic colors, and fabulous leaves!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Oh those blues are beautiful....with just the right hint of green! Beautiful card!

Barb Ghig said...

You have such a great eye for design, Karren! I love your sponging/stenciling to create the torn paper effect...very cool, and your ink blending on the skeleton leaves is stunning! I also love how you included the mod square in your design...Such a striking card!!!

Dawn T said...

Stunning Karren. The leaves are amazing.

Amy O said...

All of these pretty colors are so calming and work perfectly with the sentiment. I love it!

Kim S said...

I loved working with your sketch! What you've done with it is spectacular! Such incredible and soothing colors on your leaves.

Jen Brum said...

This card is so pretty Karren! Those leaves are just gorgeous and I love the faux tearing. It looks amazing! Great sentiment! One I need to remind myself of a lot these days!