Thursday 11 June 2020

Thanks Roses

Hi and welcome to another challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our hostess is Narelle Farrugia and here is what I have done with her CAS sketch.


I decided I wanted some interest in the background so used some cover dies to create a white-on-white look.  I had the roses already stamped so just die-cut them and arranged them with some leaves from The Ton.  Once I was happy with the arrangement I added it to a stitched die-cut square of vellum paper and then angled that onto a stitched die-cut square of Periwinkle cardstock.


I went looking for a small die-cut sentiment to finish the card and found this "thank you" by Poppy Stamps which worked well.


Thanks so much for visiting.  The design team have created fabulous cards as always so I hope you'll check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Vintage Roses (Altenew), Bountiful Leaves (The Ton)
Ink:  Summer Afternoon set, Shades of Purple set, Green Leaf Set (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black Licorice, Periwinkle (MFT), Vellum Paper
Dies:  Vintage Roses (Altenew), Bountiful Leaves (The Ton), Stitched Square Stax (MFT), Doodle Thank You (Poppy Stamps), Layered Plaid (Altenew)

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Amy O said...

These roses are beautiful and the white-on-white background adds a fun bit of texture. I love this, Karren!

Judy Rozema said...

This is FABULOUS. Beautiful roses and vellum panel. That background is amazing -- off to look for that.

Jeanne H said...

Oh, I like your card very much!

Dawn T said...

what a stunningly beautiful card Karren. The roses are amazing and the design is superb.

Linda Callahan said...

I need to get some cover dies - love the look! Gorgeous card!

Barb Ghig said...

Your layered cover plates work beautifully with the roses, Karren! I love this feminine card so much!!!

TK said...

Beautiful - your gorgeous flowers look quite "at home" on that plaid background

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! Love your colors choices and the use of the vellum square. I also like the fun, die cut background. Lovely design.

Jen Brum said...

Oh Karren! That background! It's amazing! I love those flowers too! Such a gorgeous card! I just love it!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Truly beautiful! I really couldn't love this card more than I do. You always pick the best images and perfect texture!